expected delivery of my baby at 32 weeks, advice plz

claremfc

Reaction score
Hi Ladies i''m new here one of my friends recommended this forum. I'm currently 31 +5 with my 2nd child (have a son at 7yrs old!) . After seeing consultant on Thursday he's wanting me to go into hospital next week have steriod injections then deliver baby. I dont know anyone thats had baby this early, any advice would be greatly appreciated xx

i had my baby bang on 32 weeks hun he weighed 4.14.
It wasnt planned to have him that day he juse decided to come along earlier. was tad bit scared. They couldnt give me any tablets to help him as i was already 5cm dilated but i bet they would of tried to if i went in early anought but they sorted him out when he was born although that night 2 hours after he was born they tried feeding him but he stopped breathing an went blue but they made a rush to ne-onatal unit an he was in there for 3 days. he had slight jaundice an they put a needle in his hand in case of infection. But they'll take good care for them if that is needed because ur baby will be a premmie i think most premmie babys go in there hun. if you need to chat im ere .

p.s. was meant to say mine was in an incubator for the night an out the next but in one of them bed things an was tube fed with others wires coming from him. was difficult to see x

Every baby is different and until he/she is born it's difficult to predict.

The steroids will help massively. At 32 weeks your lo may need cpap which is a mask over their nose that puts a bit of pressure into their lungs so they don't get too tired breathing.

Will probably be in an incubator until they can maintain their own body temp. They will also be tube fed until feeding is established. Jaundice is also common with preemies.

For going home they say aim for due date but 32 weeks is a good gestation so will probably go home earlier than that.

Hope this helps.

Good luck xx

I had to stay in hospital for 8 days for Lil man to be able to come home with me i wasnt alowed home i had to stay with him and im glad i stayed x

Hi

I've had two born at 32 weeks and must say every baby is different, My dd1 was in 2 weeks and other dd just over 3 weeks they do say expect them to stay in until your due date. There is things they need to be doing when they let them out such as breathing on there own, feeding and gaining weight.
1 thing I would advise is to ask loads of questions if you are unsure about anything and bliss is a good website as well.
Hope all goes well for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->