Experience with Bloody Show (Picture)

SarahMartinez

Pregnant 3rd Trimester
Reaction score
Hello ladies,
I was curious... I have been loosing what I think is my mucous plug for a few days and then the other night I went to the restroom and when I wiped I found this jelly substance with red streaks in it and again this morning I found more of this exact substance, Is this my bloody show?

Also how soon after a bloody show is labor expected to start. I am currently 1.5 cm and 85% effaced at 37 weeks and 2 days pregnant. Thank you for the help ladies. :hugs:

Attachments

• bloodyshow.jpg
    bloodyshow.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 61
here is my mucous plug or at least what I think it is. Sorry I know it is gross. :dohh:

Attachments

• mucousplug.jpg
    mucousplug.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 44
Think that's just a wee bit of the plug hun the full lot is generally alot bigger! But its a start! My bloody show was alot more blood as well but everyone is diff n some don't even get one! Its all good progress though! I went into labour 1 1/2 weeks after my show with my son, and I had a show this time last week n started pre term labour the same day, thankfully they stopped it so I'm still here :) but everyone's body n pregnancies are diff so really a guessing game but it shows the end is in sight now for u :) xxx

Think that's just a wee bit of the plug hun the full lot is generally alot bigger! But its a start! My bloody show was alot more blood as well but everyone is diff n some don't even get one! Its all good progress though! I went into labour 1 1/2 weeks after my show with my son, and I had a show this time last week n started pre term labour the same day, thankfully they stopped it so I'm still here :) but everyone's body n pregnancies are diff so really a guessing game but it shows the end is in sight now for u :) xxx

Thank you so much, I had a much bigger portion of clear plug that I also had a few days after that was the same color but very much larger. The "bloody show" I have also had more of this morning. I am hoping that I go into labor soon. I am so excited to see my little one already :happydance:

My plug was massive--maybe 1/2 cup lol tmi hahahahaha

Should be soon!!

While I am grossed out... It's great info this post!

I lost mine in small portions like that with my 1st and she didn't come, actually we forced her out, about two weeks later.

Hi! I had my blood show may 15 and it was tons just like your describing!! then may 22 a week later I lost even more that time it was more glue like and brownish/red. Yesterday and today I have been losing tons of yellowish glue like stuff. May 14 I was 1 1/2cm dilated and 50% effaced went into early labor and then it stopped. On May 28 I was 3cm dilated and 70% effaced. My obgyn said that losing your plug doesn't really mean anything as it regenerates. She also said that dilation and effacement doesn't give ant indication on how soon youll go either. It just says your making progress. I wish there was a better answer for you! But the fact that you are dilated/effaced is great! Means your body is preparing for your little one! I really hope you go on time!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->