Experienced moms...help! Overwhelmed on baby clothes...I thought I was prepared

monte3375

Reaction score
On Thanksgiving, I bought 0-3 month clothes to get us through first weeks...I got killer clearance.

But now I wonder if I have enough clothes to get us through first month! 3-6 month I assume would be good.

We live way out in the country...so it's not like I can make a quick run to the store for clothes...i am 50 minutes out of town.

I also dont want to be doing laundry all the time because I dont have enough...

I am washing now and will make a list and put on here.

Experienced moms please look and let me know what you think.

I got like 4 newborn size outfits which my baby will probably grow out of in 3 weeks after birth.

When my son was 4 weeks old he was in size 3 and when he was 3 months old he was already in 6. Every baby is different but I kind of went off of my sons growth and purchased my new baby's clothes according to that. I have a lot more of 6 months and 9 months clothes. I am kind of holding off on bigger sizes as I don't know how fast or slow she will grow and want to make sure to get the right size for the right weather.

just to let u know... i have as a general

12x new born outfits (0000 or up to 4kg)

14x 0-3 months outfits (000)

everyone has said thats plenty :)

i got too many newborn i think ... especially since im measuring 3 weeks ahead haha

It's so hard to tell until you know how big baby will be. I've bought loads of 0-3 and wondering if I should buy more newborn but feel like I have a massive baby in here lol! Time will tell I suppose, sorry not much help.

I heard sleepers are a huge help for first 3 months. What sizes?

I dont have tons of those...and I want ease...

pretty much every outfit i got in newborn or 0-3 is a "onsie" or a sleeper i think u call em... like an all in one with feet ....

didnt bother with much else as its too hard on a newborn

My DS lived in ooensies when he was born. He came out 8 lbs 6 oz and I think he was already in 3 months at that point. He didn't wear newborn clothes and I haven't bought any newborn sizes for this baby either. Only 3M and up. But don't want to buy bigger like someone else stated, you don't know how fast they will grow and taking weather into consideration.

Heres what I have:

2 newborn sleepers

4 newborn sleepsacks

I have 1 newborn takehome outfit

2 long sleeve 0-3 month onesie

3 short sleeve 0-3 month onesie

7 short sleeve onesies

4 little pants 3 month for onsies

5 3 month sleepers

1 3 month sleepsack

I have about 5 outfits that are 3-6 months, but no sleepers

Users who are viewing this thread