Experiences of hungry baby milk pls.

MrsButterfly

Mummy
Reaction score
My lo is 22 weeks and up until a few days ago was on 5 x 8oz bottles daily (he's 91st centile for weight and height so big boy). He's started waking in the night again for food. I'm happy to do this although I do miss his previous 12hr sleep! I don't think he's ready for solids yet and am wondering if hungry baby milk might now be useful to keep him full for the next few weeks while he gets ready for weaning.

Does anyone have any experience of using hungry baby milk in similar situations and if so, did it help at all?

i used hungry baby milk from 2 weeks old hun. If your little one is now waking through the night when they were not previously then i would give it a go :)

It's about the same situation I was using it in - baby that's 91st centile on her adjusted age for height and weight (and since she started out BELOW the centile lines that's the growth spurt from hell!) who I didn't want to wean early because she wasn't ready, but she was up to 9oz bottles and still not satisfied... so we switched milk to buy us some extra time until weaning (although I'll admit we started weaning a couple of weeks before 6 months - but the prem baby guidelines are 5-8 months actual age anyway).

We used it from week 4 ish just for the evenings feeds as she was soooooooo hungry. Worked well for us and I stopped it about 15 weeks. It's jus slower to digest that's all. Couple of nights we used normal formula and she woke early!

ive used it for i dont know how long! maybe since lo was a month old!
definitly no harm in trying it for your lo.

I have just recently started using the cow and gate hungry baby and it has made a small difference. My LO feeds every 2 hours or so anyways but she recently went back to how she was when she was less than a month old wanting a bottle every hour but couldnt take anymore ounces in so I switched and she is back on every 2 hours and sometimes get 3 hours at night

The only thing I can add is to use a mix of hungry baby and regular formula if the hungry baby on its own makes your little one spit up. That way you'll still get the slightly fuller feed without the extra richness that might cause a slight tummy upset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->