Experiences of Pregnancy and Childbirth - UK and Africa

AlexS

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My name is Alexandra and I am a PhD student in psychology at the University of Sussex. I am carrying out a cross-cultural study looking at adjustment to pregnancy and childbirth in women from the UK and The Gambia. This research is interested in developing an increased understanding of women’s psychological well-being and the support they receive during pregnancy and after birth. This research hopes to raise awareness of maternal mental health, in the UK and The Gambia, and to assist in the development of appropriate services to provide the kind of help women might need.

The study involves taking part at two times. The first of these is in your last trimester of pregnancy. At this time, you will be asked to complete a questionnaire, which should take approximately 10-15 minutes and the second time is when your baby is about two months old. At this time I will send you a second questionnaire to complete, which should also take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.

If anyone is interested in taking part please email me at: [email protected], and I can send you an information sheet and a copy of the questionnaire.

Many thanks for your time.

Best wishes,

Alexandra Sawyer
University of Sussex

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member