experimental Christmas cake making. Update - didn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
I have just put my fruit to soak in orange juice and a dash of brandy. Tomorrow lunch time i will stir in flour and mixed spice and it will go in the slow cooker for approximately 4-6 hours to cook.

It currently smells amazing lol.

Sounds good, I've never heard of doing Christmas cake in the slow cooker before, let me know how it turns out!

Cant wait to hear how this turns out, please update when cooked x

No eggs? Good luck! I don't know whether or not to bake one this year.

Apparently not. Its technically 3 ingredients as I'm adding the brandy but its not in the recipe, or the spice. I'm quite excited as the reviews are very good but its taken little o no effort or money so thought I'd have a go.

Will update tomorrow when its baked. :)

Its in the slow cooker. It smells divine!!!!! :)

2 hours on high and 2.5 hours on low and its so close to being done. :)

Yeah. OK update time.

The cake smells awesome and tastes really good but its not a cake. It didn't 'set' in the centre so even after leaving urffor a further 3 hours (yep 3 lol) to try to finish it, it burned underneath but was still squishy in the centre. It tastes and looks like top notch Christmas pudding lol. All is not lost though. It was free to make as i had everything in the cupboard already and I've hollowed out the 'cake' and we had the squishy middle with cream for pudding which was epic! And my house smells amazing now lol. Shame I'm going to have to start from scratch fie my cake now but nothing ventured eh? Sorry for the disappointing update guys but I'm seriously considering making this for pudding at Christmas instead lol.

Some you win, some you lose! Doesn't sound like a total loss though since you got a yummy pudding. I don't care for Christmas cake except for that dreamy smell, bet your house smells fab.

At least u tried! Nigellas xmas cake is lush! 😆

If you have any left maybe you could make this?
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1036634/christmas-pud-ice-cream
I'm really tempted to try it for Boxing day lunch (I'm in charge of pudding)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->