• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Exploring Hypnobirthing

NewandNervous

DS 12/10/14
Reaction score
Hi Lovely ladies!

Im currently 25 weeks pregnant and beginning to plan my birth preferences.

Im really wanting to "try" hypnobirthing" preferably with a pool.

I have a good friend who has had 2 hypnobirts and had 2 very quick easy labours and raves about it.

Im not a "class" sort of person so would prefer to learn myself if thats possible. I understand the concept and really want this type of birth. So far ive read the book Hypnobirthing the Mongan method and have downloaded Rainbow relaxtion and birth affirmations.

Is that all i need? Do i just need to listen to them lots?

Sorry if thats a stupid question.

I used hypno birthing for my second delivery and it was a really wonderful experience. The labor was barely painful, and I smiled through the whole thing. I'm hoping to do it again this time. I didn't take any classes either. I read the book several times though. I found new things that called out to me each time I read it. I definitely practiced the breathing techniques too. I used them during the labor and it made all the difference.:flower:

I am almost 23 weeks and have also read the Mongan Method handbook and have been doing the breathing exercises off and on every now and then (especially the extended breathing for with surges). I have also downloaded the rainbow relaxation off the internet but every time I do it I fall asleep... so I still haven't heard the full version.
I have however listened to the birth affirmations daily, just while doing idle things such as cooking, cleaning, dishes,... you pick it up because you're doing things on auto pilot and you save time at the same time.
I have the hypnobirthing CD that came with the book with the imagery exercises but have not yet done that. There is one that you can do with your partner, a relaxation, we are gonna try it this weekend.
I think staying calm and being in the right state of mind is more important than any other exercise, as long as you have the right mindset and see birth as a natural thing and stay relaxed and having the right environment (supportive birth center/pro-natural hospital/midwife who has experience with hypnobirth...) that helps a lot too!

I read Hypnobirthing: the Mongan Method for my first and had a very successful home waterbirth. I didn’t take any classes, I just read the book and listened to the tracks starting at about 20 weeks. For my birth, I used visualization and breathing techniques that resonated with me. It was awesome and not particularly painful, so I call it a success!

Now that I’m pregnant with my second, I’m planning another home birth so I am beginning to refresh myself by reading the book again. Best of luck! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->