Expressing & using bottles

Perplexed

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
Yesterday I suspected having a plugged milk duct in my right breast as nursing from it has been really painful and the areola had a lot of lumpy bits.

I gritted my teeth thru the pain and nursed. But between feeds I used a warm water bottle, massaged and pumped. Used warm bottle right before next feed and there was almost no pain. Now i use the warm bottle & massage before every feed.

But I have a little over 2oz of bm in the fridge that I don't went to waste. Can't decide if I want to bottle-feed it to LO or not because I'm worried about nipple confusion! What would you ladies do?

Freeze it - that's what I have done any time I've needed to pump. I'm hoping to never give her a bottle but at least I have a freezer stash if needed, and if not then when she starts have things like mashed banana etc she can have breast milk mixed in with it.

That's such a good idea! I hadn't thought of that at all!!

U get little freezer bags which are brill...might come in handy in u want a cheeky glass of wine at xmas.

Keep breastfeeding. I know for my plugged ducts I need to keep emptying to make sure it's really gone or else it will come back.

Yeah I've decided I don't want to give LO a bottle unless I really have to (like when/if I go back to school in April or something) so freezing it is =) will just have a family member pick up some extra bottles or freezer bags for me for when I need to pump after a feed to empty!

Thank you ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->