• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Extreme Fatigue

Buttercupbabi

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just looking for some reassurance! Im 21+2 weeks gone with my 3rd baby and all of a sudden Im feeling extremely tired.
I have 2 kids at home (4&6) and although extremely talkative they're hardly keeping me on my toes. They're being so good lately but most days in the afternoon im trying so hard not to fall asleep or nap! Its making me a little nervous. I have an underactive thyroid which lately has been under control and my iron level has come back ok!

Anyone else feeling like this?

I have felt like this every single day of this pregnancy. I never got a second trimester burst of energy (I’m 30+3 now) Just exhaustion non stop. I have a 5yo and a 2.5yo, who are also very good. Luckily my 2.5yo still naps so a lot of the time I nap with him!

Yup this was me most of my pregnancy lol so exhausted with 2 kids at home

Basically, snoozefest all the time for me as well (23 weeks +2 days with DD#2)

Yep, this has been me this whole pregnancy. I am constantly teetering on the brink of catastrophic exhaustion. I was the same way when I was pregnant with DS, but at the time, I wasn't caring for a toddler 24/7 and I had a job I got lunch breaks (read: NAP breaks!) at. Now... now I've got the toddler, and I don't get lunch/nap breaks on my workdays, either (I work from home, so I'm watching kiddo AND working at the same time, talk about extra tiring).

All my blood test results came back great.

It's just hard on a body to divert all the extra nutrients and energy towards growing a whole new person! :lol:

This is absolutely me.. pregnant with no.3. 2 children at home (3.5 treat old and 1 year old) I am absolutely fatigued. My iron is a little low again but I’ve felt tired for this entire pregnancy.. I also work from home so am constantly busy.. I’m struggling to get y work done once kids are in bed for night I pass out on the sofa :( xxx

Its crazy isnt it.
I rang up my Drs because im also having heart palpitations and other symptoms and he reminded me that this would all be caused due to by underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism).
Its actually put my mind at ease a little as i did start getting a little worried...

Me I am so exhausted constantly lately and i really dont enjoy it at all..

Its crazy isnt it.
I rang up my Drs because im also having heart palpitations and other symptoms and he reminded me that this would all be caused due to by underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism).
Its actually put my mind at ease a little as i did start getting a little worried...

Palpitations are caused by too much Thyroid hormone (hyperthyroid), not too little. Did they raise your dose a lot for pregnancy? Mine was raised a lot but no bad symptoms.

Tired all the time? Yes.

Its caused by Hypothyroidism as well. Due to my metabolism not functioning as well and the heart working extra hard pumping blood round.

Its caused by Hypothyroidism as well. Due to my metabolism not functioning as well and the heart working extra hard pumping blood round.

Weird, I’ve never seen that on any of the symptom lists for hypo. When I’m hypo, my whole body including heart slows down, my brain feels sluggish, I can barely function, concentrate, or stay awake. When I’m hyper, my heart feels like it will race through my chest as the extra hormones are making everything in my body work too hard. Fortunately after 12 years of living without a thyroid, I can usually recognize a problem before the blood test!

I’m so glad it’s not just me! I’m 24 weeks on Friday and I am so tired with an awful ratty mood 24/7 😑 can’t remrmber ever having this with my son.

Weird, I’ve never seen that on any of the symptom lists for hypo. When I’m hypo, my whole body including heart slows down, my brain feels sluggish, I can barely function, concentrate, or stay awake. When I’m hyper, my heart feels like it will race through my chest as the extra hormones are making everything in my body work too hard. Fortunately after 12 years of living without a thyroid, I can usually recognize a problem before the blood test!

Thats what my Doc said, I actually went there to get my bloods taken thinking it clearly had crossed over and he said no... but we shall see when im on week 28 as ill be having more bloods then!
If it does come back hyper i'll be taking it further as i went to see him on week 18 and he would have left me pm 75mg of levothyroixine for 10weeks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->