Extreme thirst and tiredness 36-37 weeks

honeysuede

Reaction score
For the last week i have been feeling sooo tired and drained and craving naps and rest. I am on iron and my levels have gone up to an ok amount now, but also i am constantly drinking water, squash and juice. I just gulp loads down all the time. I was wondering if anyone else has this? Should i be concerned? The tiredness i could put down to being heavily pregnant and running around after a 2.5 year old but the thirst is unusual.
Xx

I would honestly check your blood glucose levels. Tired, sleepy, extreme thirst are all signs of so. But maybe it's just the end of pregnancy :)

I'm feeling the same... Almost 38wk and beyond drained and exhausted... I don't feel it's anywhere normal! I can't remember ever feeling this exhausted towards the end with my others.... I'd ask my dr but he'd just blow me off... He never cares about any of my complaints:/ hoping its all normal!

Thanks ladies. I think i will call my
Midwife this morning just to run it past her. I honestly feel like i could spend the day sleeping and drinking but my son won't allow that haha xx

I'd ask for a non fasting blood sugar test.

I was diagnosed with GD at 36 weeks with DD1 after feeling much the same. I have no risk factors at all for GD so it really can happen to anyone.

Thanks - i may well do that actually. In my last pregnancy i had the gd tests but they didn't think i needed it this time. I was clear last time. Is there anything they can do about it this late on i wonder? x

I went on to diet control at 36 weeks with DD1 - it stopped the amount of fluid getting any 'worse' and she wasn't born with low blood sugar.

It is unlikely you have it but it is never too late for intervention.

As mentioned above, I have heard that extreme thirst can be a sign of GD. Definitely worth checking out :) Hope midwife goes well today

Thanks!! I have left an answer message so hopefully a midwife will ring back this morning :) x

I had extreme thirst but it only lasted a couple of days, hopefully it's the same for you! Hope you hear back from mw soon.

The midwife called back, she didn't seem concerned and said it is probably just my iron levels teamed up with running after DS but if it is no better by monday to ask my dr for a blood test xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->