extreme thirst while breast feeding newborn

emicakess

Reaction score
Does anyone else get unbearabley thirsty that starts the moment you start feeding? I have a 32 oz water bottle that I have OH fill frequently because I just chug water while she feeds. I kinda feel like im gonna pass out if I dont start chugging water right away. Anyone else get this? Its kinda nice im drinking so much water haha but its also uncomfortable

I was so thirsty all the time and constantly had a dry mouth and throat. I just make sure I've always got water with me espacially in the warm weather

Yep, definitely. I had a 2L bottle filled with water next to my nursing chair at all times. It gets better. :)

Yup me too, I also kept water by my rocker in his room!

Its such a strange sensation I won't be thirsty at all and as soon as she starts sucking I'm like omg need water NOW lol

YES. I drank so much while nursing and I ate as well. I kept water and snacks within arms reach. I would be parched and starving all of a sudden once he started nursing. It does even out eventually, but keep on drinking as much as you can all day to keep the milk going strong!

Lol! I thought I was crazy for always being instantly thirsty! Thirsty, yes, but instantly? How can that be? It's torture!

Yup I can used to drink a large glass of water with ever feed for.the first bit. It's amazing I didn't float away :haha:

Haha glad to know im not crazy! Its eased up a bit now, I dont feel like I'm gonna pass out if I dont have water lol but its still really great to have while nursing lol

Yes, I think this lasted until at least 4 months for me- maybe longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->