Extremely Heavy Period

jennakw

Reaction score
TMI post...don't read if you get grossed out easily...
What do you ladies do for really heavy periods? Mine has always been heavy, ever since I was 11. But it's been getting worse in the past few months. This month,Ive been having to change my Ultra tampon every hour, because I completely soak through it and a panty liner. Its gotten to the point to where I'm having to put down 2 towels at night because I'm afraid I'll ruin the sheets. I don't want to get put on birth control for a couple of reasons. I usually get really bad ovarian cysts when I take it, and my husband and I want to start a family soon...Is there anything else you guys can suggest other than bc? I know that nothing is going to work immediately, perfectly or magically. I just don't know if I can stand this heavy of bleeding anymore. And before you say "Go to the doctor" I DO plan on making an appointment tomorrow. But I already know what they're going to say and do, I've heard it all a million times. I just want input from women that have been in this situation before. Thanks in advance!

I was on tablets which helped this issue as I have heavy periods usually on cycle day 3-6 and it did help I dont take them anymore as we are ttc but if I wasnt ttc I would be on them and they are not birth controls, cant remember the name though sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->