Extremely irritated with unecessary horror stories

DLA

1st Time Mom & lovin it!
Reaction score
Why my friend felt the need to text me and tell me this AWFUL story (which i'm not going to tell on here because all it does is panic any pregnant woman) about a woman (who I don't know whatsoever) a few weeks further along than me. I'm not just talking about a bad birthing experience either.

Anyways what could possibly be the reason for telling me awful stories with awful endings about pregnacny/childbirth ? Just to be mean and instill panic ? Well it worked.

She knew I was pissed because I responded "And you felt the need to tell me this now, why?" and she was like "well because it's so sad". YEAH THANKS.

People keep doing that to me too! All types of horror stories (I will follow your lead and keep my lips sealed on here) but I don't want to hear them either!

Goodness me some people just have no idea!

Some have literally moved me to tears :(
Where are all the good happy stories ??.....

omg i agree. My aunt who is 2 weeks ahead of me plus my grandmother keep telling me about the shit that "i'm not suppose to do" even though i know they're full of S***. I don't get every ones need to try and scare the crap out of us. Its extremely irritating.

I totally sympathize. I don't like it when people try to "scare" you about anything - pregnancy, labor & delivery, babyhood, toddlerhood, whatever. It's unhelpful and unkind.

I know! It is as if people are so desperate to talk about something pregnancy related with you that they will talk about anything without consideration of the impact a scary story will have on a pregnant woman! Just remember that those stories are the exception not the norm.

My MIL did this to me in my last pregnancy , went on to tell me multiple stories of women she "knows" who had something terrible happen during late pregnancy/birth . It really effected me and I spent the last bit of my pregnancy terrified . It was a really crappy thing to do to a pregnant woman .

Yep agree totally! When first got pregnant and stupidly announced before 12 weeks (I didn't even realise you were "meant" to wait til 12 weeks) everyone at work made me feel like it was carrying water in a sieve telling me about risk of mc before 12 weeks and telling me horror stories.

Now I constantly have people telling me birth horror stories and how painful it's going to be....I just say I can't wait and the more painful the better like im a loon...lol shuts them up

I keep getting them in real life and threads/posts keep appearing on the board which don't even involve the posters' babies which scare me witless

I keep getting them in real life and threads/posts keep appearing on the board which don't even involve the posters' babies which scare me witless

Yeah I'm with you. I've not had it so much in real life but all the negative stuff posted on the board really freaks me out. I avoid certain sections for a reason so hate seeing them come up on boards where I don't expect it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->