Facebook Selling Pages

holly2234

Reaction score
I have come to absolutely HATE Facebook selling pages. Every time without fail, the buyer either doesnt turn up to collect or when we arrange to meet, they dont turn up.

How are everyone elses experiences with them? They cant be all bad surely?!

ive had a few not turn up etc, or send OH to pick up "immac baby vests" and they were shocking ! i did inbox her tho :grr: but yeh they are a pain :/

I've not had a problem with anyone who's bought off me - I do find it annoying when people start to make enquiries but then just don't bother getting back to you, or expect something for nothing.

Or when some other cheeky bugger chips in that they've got one the same they're selling for less!

Ahhh that reminds me, twice this week i have been asked for photos of a bundle im selling of 40 items for £20. I sent them all of the photos and they either totally ignore me or say they will get back to me which obviously never happens. This bundle has some nearly new items including shoes, snow suits, dresses etc and they want me to practically give it away. I would rather give it away to charity so that somebody can benefit from it than have people insult me and then not bother turning up.

I've never sold Fran's clothes in bundles - I know it takes a lot of time but I photograph each item and give them a price and I've found they sell much quicker. I think it's because people can just choose what they actually like rather than risking buying something they aren't keen on. I've made a heck of a lot more money than if I'd done a bundle too!

The ones i was selling today were singles. I did the second one for a third of the price just to get it gone. She has proceeded to verbally abuse me through private message :dohh:

She said she messaged me but forgot to press send so didnt turn up...

I've got a cot for sale on one and twice now I've 'sold' it only for the person to text on the arranged day of pick up saying someone else has bought them one or they can't afford it anymore. It's really annoying! X x

And that's your fault why?????????

:gun:

Apparently i offended her by being where i said i would be! :dohh:

It seems to depend a lot on area from what i've noticed. The pages from the "better" parts of the city seem to have less issues. May just be coincidence. But this page wont even delete her even after a copy and paste of what she said to me. :growlmad:

We have really good ones in our area with great admin get loads of them :)

People get removed on ours for time wasting.. Although I am one who may ask where they are and if in a certain area I will so sorry as im not going to that area, Even turned down a sale though someone wanting delivery to that area.

Its all well and good if they remove them but they didnt remove her. They wanted to see the conversation so i sent it and they have said nothing else and just shrugged it off. Its more her swearing at me and saying she doesnt care she left me waiting than the not turning up. She has an obvious disregard for common courtesy and will probably do it to others. I've left the page (its a page for Nottingham mums but they have a separate selling page) and their main one too. I have no respect for it any more because they have none for me. Reaaaally bad Admin.

the selling ones in leeds delete people who dont turn up too x

You have just reminded me to take photos of my stuff and upload it, i have had people that are going to turn up, but never do..... grrr........ i dont think the admin deletes though :(

I really liked the idea of doing this to get rid of the girls stuff they've grown out of/not used do you find its succesful?

xx

I haven't had a problem with the selling pages YET... I sell my daughters clothing etc on facebook pages(I post them) but my local one has been good, picked up a couple of bargains!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->