Facing having to return to work already :(

Rota

Reaction score
Where to begin?

LO is only3 weeks old and im having to return to work already and full time as well. Im a staff nurse and we are being asked to choose if we wantt o work 12's or stick with 8's. More days away from the kids or longer at once?

OH is being made redundant, so we have lost £500 a month, my maternity pay is £400 less than my 'normal' wages so we have effectively lost £900 a month. Turns out we arent entitled to any help, no council/housing benefit, no benefits in general other than the child benefit/working tax/child tax that we get for the children and ends just will not meet.

OH wonders why i keep bursting into tears

Just posting here to moan really.

:hugs: No advice really I just didn't want to read and run. I was in the same position and have ended up taking out a loan to be able to stay off. I just knew if I went back early I would end up ill and so resentful. Not recommending it as a course of action at all but just sympathising xxx

:hugs: No advice really I just didn't want to read and run. I was in the same position and have ended up taking out a loan to be able to stay off. I just knew if I went back early I would end up ill and so resentful. Not recommending it as a course of action at all but just sympathising xxx

thanks for taking the time to post, ive even looked into one of those loans with stupid amounts of interest (banks/credit cards are a no go) and it just seems daft as then id be in a worse place, wont lie though i was very tempted.

Seems im just gonna have to suck it up and make the most of my days off.

thanks for taking the time to post, ive even looked into one of those loans with stupid amounts of interest (banks/credit cards are a no go) and it just seems daft as then id be in a worse place, wont lie though i was very tempted.

Seems im just gonna have to suck it up and make the most of my days off.

Oh gosh no don't do that, it's just legal loan sharking! I've got a good credit rating and a half decently paid job to go back to and I still agonized over the decision. It's so bloody hard hun. The way it's looking I"ll have to go back full time and the hours are shocking. Looking at 11 hour shifts and sometimes being on 4 nights. If I'm not at work I'll be so knackered at home.... But we have to so it don't we, because what's the alternative? Much love to you though, at least I've found a way to stay off longer even if it's far from ideal xxx

What about your oh claiming job seekers? Could you get a small part time self empolyed position to tide you over?

If you go back now make a deal with yourself, if your OH gets a job in 6 months or whenever then you'll apply for a sabbatical for a few months, give you the time with your little one you're missing out on now?

Do remember u can apply for tax credits based on CURRENT situation, not just on the last years earnings.
I would find it weird that you are not entitled to anything at all. Even when I was working and OH was not, I was on 12k and we got some help - as its based on rent/ct vs income.

Could you technically go back but take all/most of your leave?

You'd be back on full pay but at home.

Hi, I work for the nhs,do you? Could you use your annual leave to take a couple of days off a week when you go back to work? That may give you a couple extra months xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->