Factor V Leiden - Possible cause of my losses?

sailorsgirl

Family of 5
Reaction score
So just over a week ago I went for blood tests to check for clotting disorders. I genuinely didn't think anything of it, expecting it all to come back clear and our losses simply be bad luck.

Anyway a few days ago I received a copy of the letter my consultant had sent my GP. Within it, I read that I have been diagnosed with Factor V Leiden. A mutation of the gene. He advised that if I was to get pregnant before I saw my consultant again, that I would have to go onto Clexane injections.

My first question is; Has anyone had any experience with Clexane during pregnancy? Did it help? And did you have any extra appointments to keep an eye on what was going on?

So I lost my first baby at 7 weeks, there was no sign of baby left when they went to do an emergency scan after I had bled heavily.

My second I lost at 9 weeks. All natural.

My third I lost at 17 weeks. At the emergency scan I had with my third, the sonograpger explained that baby had died recently. Yet when the post mortem results came back I was told she had stopped growing at 12 weeks.

So my next question is; could this diagnoses, potentially be the cause of these losses? I am not asking for a specific yes or no, just a personal opinion about how you would interpret the information?

Xx

Sorry for your losses!! I don't have factor v leiden (I have protein c deficiency) but I highly recommend to check out PARL thread as some ladies there have that mutation and were on blood thinners. And they had their rainbows☺

Yes that can cause miscarriages. Good news is you can take stuff to thin the blood that will help your pregnancy get to term. Sorry for your losses and I hope you get your rainbow soon.

I have factor Leiden and another blood clotting disorder that I can't remember the name of .... I injected myself with blood thinners from about month 5 of my pregnancy. It wasn't discovered until then and was only checked because my sister had DVT a couple of years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->