Failed Tongue Tie Revision

zilla

Reaction score
LO had her tongue tie (a small yet thick one, apparently) snipped today.
I read that 80% of mums see an instant improvement following the revision, however when I tried getting her to latch, she still was having problems.
She has never been able to latch well & my supply has really suffered as a result, I'm currently pumping only 30-50ml every few hours and was hoping it would improve if I did get her to latch regularly.

Has anyone been through the same - whats the next step if she still won't latch?

What exactly happens when you try to feed her? Is she uninterested it latching? Or does she use a poor technique (small mouth or gums instead of tongue)? Or does she "look" attached well but you have pain and she tires quickly? Or other issues?

She tries to latch, manages to suck once and then slips off.
Or she keeps trying to latch but never manages to get a good grip x

One of my twins had a tie and he didnt immediately latch so I had to use a shield got a week and that helped massively

She tries to latch, manages to suck once and then slips off.
Or she keeps trying to latch but never manages to get a good grip x

Have you tried laid back breastfeeding? Or side lying positions? If your reclined with LO on top of you, gravity can help her stay attached.

I would go back to basics and make sure your placement and everything is right for the latch to work properly. If she is slipping off the nipple then there may be a lip tie interfering with the suction needed to feed properly. I would consult an LC for good latching advice and to check for a lip tie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->