Fainting after eating??

Lozzii

Reaction score
I've had a problem over the last 6 weeks of feeling really faint after eating, particularly foods with simple sugars like chocolate, jelly, fizzy drinks etc. Most of the time I faint about 20 minutes later, sometimes sooner.
Its got to the point that I'm avoiding all sugary stuff just in case, BUT.
Every time I've been to the doctors, he's checked my blood pressure and my temperature. I've mentioned the sugar thing, but not once has my blood sugar been checked. This is concerning because my dad has had the same symptoms as me when he had a DKA(?) (type 2 diabetes blood sugar too high) and I've gained a lot of weight compared to how much I've been eating.
I'm 18 weeks and 3 days, should I keep hassling my doctors until they check my blood sugars?
He's also sending me to a neurologist in JUNE?! because he's convinced I'm having seizures. When I told him in no uncertain terms that I am very definitely FAINTING. I swear, he means well but he's bloody useless.
Help??
Anyone else had anything like this?

I have personally never heard of anyone fainting from their sugar being too high, but maybe your body is producing too much insulin to counter it and its dropping your sugar too quickly or too low, making you pass out. Thats my semi- educated guess! Hopefully your doctor is wrong about the seizures. Some seizure do copy fainting.

If your dad is diabetic can you use his monitor a few times 1 hour after eating to check your blood sugar? I do know one person who passed out after the diabetes test glucose drink but never heard of anyone with diabetes passing out shortly after a normal meal.

Oh my word! Sounds like your dr is an idiot! My dr is extremely preventative and wants me to do the glucola test this week because my sugars were high and I'm only 10 weeks! I would straight up demand the test!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->