Fainting

susied

Reaction score
Hi ladies! So, Out of nowhere I got super dizzy last night. I fainted and hit my head when I landed on the floor. I do not remember what happened at all. I’m 14 weeks pregnant. Went to the doc and they checked me and baby and everything is fine!

Has anyone else experienced fainting this early in pregnancy? Has it been a recurring thing through the pregnancy or is it normally a one time thing?

Oh wow how scary! I do not have any experience with this but I hear that if you already had lower BP it can make it even lower when pregnant causing fainting. Hopefully it will just be the one time for you!

Yes! I was outside with my kids and got super dizzy and sat down quickly before i actually fainted, but came close. Make sure your drinking water, eating, and not standing for a long period. Seems to have worked for me. I even started seeing stars lately while just sitting! Super weird, but doctors say I am fine also

I had spells of fainting /nearly fainting from around 16 weeks to 21werks.
I'd just gradually feel yuck and hot and ears ringing then seeing stars and eventual fainting if I didn't take note of the warnings and lie down or sit down. My worst one was collecting my five year old from his football class and falling over in front of everyone. So embarrassing and I worried my five year old.

My midwife checked my iron levels and checked me for urine infection. Both fine. She told me that the middle of Pregnancy was the worst part for fluctuations in blood pressure to cause you to feel faint and that I just had to take easy and heed the signs.

Advised to drink lots of water, eat regularly and take easy. If its happening when you're running around busy take it as your body telling you to slow down.

Mine seem to have passed now, I'm 28weeks but I am taking It slower.

Look after yourself! Carry water! You planning to see your midwife?

I fainted early on with my last pregnancy (8/9 weeks). My doctor told me to drink more water. I think it was bp related as I ended up having a lot of issues later on with bp.

I think with warmer weather it isn't helping much! We had one of the moms on the nursery pick up faint, and shes around 20 weeks. It was a bit of a warmer day!

I've felt a lot dizzier in the heat, keep well hydrated and try not to rush around too much, go at a steady pace! Could have a dip in your blood pressure for a short period maybe?

Thanks for your experiences ladies!! The ER ran a ton of tests and told me to follow up with midwife. I have an appointment with my midwife in a few days. ER mentioned low blood sugar and low blood pressure.

I fainted when I was pregnant with my daughter, I was 19 weeks and standing in the sunlight. My head got swirly and then my boss was saying my name and I was on the ground. I’d hit my head pretty badly, but everything turned out fine. I was anemic but the dizzy spells always came when there was no airflow and I got overheated. No amount of water helped, I needed a fan and to sit down a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->