Family Act/Congress/Tax Credit for cost of IVF

luvmydoggies

Reaction score
Thought this was important!!!!!
Women in the U.S. with no fertility coverage. A bill has been given to Congress which will be considered November 13, 2012- December 31, 2012. The bill is to increase patient access to IVF with the Family Act. $13,360 tax credit that matches 50/50, covering up to half the expenses up to the lifetime cap. I have already written a letter to my reps here in CA.

More info. is on www.resolve.org/familyact or www.facebook.com/familyact2011

Both my husband and I wrote separate emails. His email made me cry.

Here in Quebec all fertility treatments are covered, including up to 3 ivf tries. In an effort to reduce neonatal costs (since all healthcare is public and free) , which have increased the last few years, the government wanted to limit how many embryos could be put back in ivf. The sudden rise in twins and triplets is partially to blame.

As the bill was discussed people complained rightfully so that it was unfair for them to fork out thousands of $ just to have their odds of success reduced by a law. So to compromise the treatments are now free.

According to the preliminary studies the system should actually save money long term via reduced nicu costs. I was dubious when i read this at first; its been less than two years in but the first results look promising; the number of twins and triplets from fertility treatments have dramatically fallen, yet success rates have remained practically the same.

We'll now in a year or two if indeed the govt is saving money but preliminary results look good. My son was 3 months in the nicu so i know all too well of how heavy they are in interventions (and so costs)

Perhaps expalin that model to your representative in an email?

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->