Family holiday

mummylove

Reaction score
I was thinking of taking kids abroad next summer. I was going to go with my brother cus he wants a break and i really dont think my oh would go abroad.

I was just wondering what is best place to go for kids. I dont want to go to far. And would it be better hiring a villa or staying in hotel?

Please share ur experience with taking young child and good places for a family holiday

Thanks again

I've been twice abroad with my daughter, going again this weekend for our first holiday with 2 kids. We're going to Turkey (been here before with dd) to stay at Lykia World in Olu Deniz. It's amazing and it's brilliant for kids but the 4 and half hour flight and long transfer can be off putting! Maybe try Spain/France for a first time? You have lots of options accommodation wise really, to me it depends on how much you want to on holiday (washing, cleaning etc). It's so worth going though :flower: xx

Yea was thinking of spain but this time i will make sure i put sun block on before i go out for the day. Ow i was sore lol

You see i was thinking of doing a girlie holiday but thing is im not really a drinker any more and i would rather go away with the kids cus i will have more fun with them then going out drinking

Mummy May, I booked Lykia World for August 2015 today! I like to plan ahead!

If you want the kids to be entertained if prob steer clear if a villa and look at a hotel. All the major holiday companies offer family themed breaks, the Holiday Village concept is great and a lot if friends with LO's have gone to the one in Majorca and loved it. We booked next years holiday today are lots if free child places on offer. You can do DIY but flights won't be realised for a good few months yet.

Mummy May, I booked Lykia World for August 2015 today! I like to plan ahead!

If you want the kids to be entertained if prob steer clear if a villa and look at a hotel. All the major holiday companies offer family themed breaks, the Holiday Village concept is great and a lot if friends with LO's have gone to the one in Majorca and loved it. We booked next years holiday today are lots if free child places on offer. You can do DIY but flights won't be realised for a good few months yet.

Who did you book with? I want to book for next June/July but am struggling to find an operator online booking so far ahead!

Thomas Cook have released next years prices now! I've been to Lykia World twice already :haha: it's changed a bit this year but I'm sure it will be just as awesome! Xx

A hotel is great because it's a hotel so you don't have to cook or clean and often they are slightly nicer facilities wise. But then you can end up stuck in one small room in the evenings with the LOs and not being able to do anything as they're in bed. So it really depends on what your priorities are holiday-wise!

Thomas Cook.

They are having problems and not a lot of hols loaded online but we knew where we wanted to go and luckily it was available to book.

my sister took her 4 kids to Salou in spain (we went on 2 family holidays there when we were little) and she stayed in PortAventura® Hotel PortAventura - its situated in the theme park but theres LOADS of hotels in Salou and its fab. easy walk to the beach/shops etc and theres bus tours to barcelona etc. She said her kids loved it <3 I cant wait till mine are old enough to go! xx

my sister took her 4 kids to Salou in spain (we went on 2 family holidays there when we were little) and she stayed in PortAventura® Hotel PortAventura - its situated in the theme park but theres LOADS of hotels in Salou and its fab. easy walk to the beach/shops etc and theres bus tours to barcelona etc. She said her kids loved it <3 I cant wait till mine are old enough to go! xx

Gonna look into that thank u

Gonna look into that thank u

your welcome hun.. its a lovely place. lots of pubs/bars/restaurants (english ones too). a huge market which sold just about anything too.

Had a quick look this morning and i like the look of it. going to have a proper look tomorrow when i have more time

We've been to the same hotel in 2011 and 2012 and we're going again this year. It's called the CYE Holiday Centre, in Salou Spain.
We wanted an aparthotel rather than just a hotel, so we get the separate living room area so when the kids are asleep DH and I aren't tiptoeing around t hem.

It's fab. Not too long for a flight for kids, and they love it there. There are playgrounds all along the beach (which is only a 5-ish minute walk from the hotel). It's just really nice.

First time we went there the kids were almost 6, 4, and almost 2
Second time the kids were almost 7, 5, and almost 3.

This time the kids will be almost 9, almost 7, almost 5, and 13 months.

(and Portaventura isn't massively far either ;) ).

oooo and at portaventura.. if you can keep your eyes open till midnight they do an AMAZING fire work display on their lake! its is outstanding! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->