father in law gifts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmyReece

Mummy To Olivia
Reaction score
I'm stuck for ideas for FIL and hubby is being his usual unhelpful self whilst he plays Fifa on the ps4 :grr:

These are the ideas I've been throwing at hubby and his responses so far

Gardening gifts - won't get used until spring/summer so will probably be forgotten about
Personalised mug - he HAS to have china mug (he's really weird about that)
Digital photoframe - would end up in a draw and not used
Portable phone charger - he charges his phone at night
Cookery stuff - he doesn't cook as much as he used to

Basically hubby has said all he does now is go to work and come home and watch tv or play on his laptop. We got him a beanbag laptray for his birthday so that idea is out of the window :dohh:

He doesn't eat sweets etc, doesn't drink alcohol, so I'm at a loss and wondering if anyone has any suggestions other than the usual jumper that we get him?

How about a dvd boxset? Or chromecast depending on what your budget is? You can even get that free with some purchases on amazon just now. My dads pretty hard to buy for too so we do pictures and stuff from the kids too :flower:

My FIL is getting a canvas, he's really hard to buy for too so I feel your pain!

I've always gone for more expensive presents for FIL, but then last year we had nothing and OH decided to get him some of those crap comedy filler presents they sell on the Christmas aisle in Asda, and some personalised beers. He has never been more pleased with a present :dohh: :haha:

I'm half considering tickets to go and see Mrs Brown's Boys on tour for April (can be a joint pressie for MIL then too), it's just finding decent seats for them (hubby thinks his dad will moan if he isn't close enough to the stage) :dohh:

I'm half considering tickets to go and see Mrs Brown's Boys on tour for April (can be a joint pressie for MIL then too), it's just finding decent seats for them (hubby thinks his dad will moan if he isn't close enough to the stage) :dohh:

Let him bloody moan then ungrateful sod!

Let him bloody moan then ungrateful sod!

He is! He's an absolute nightmare to buy for and never seems truly grateful for whatever we get :grr:

I may just go down the gift voucher road if hubby can't help with any better ideas :dohh:

What about a NowTV box? You can get it with 4 months sky movies for £35 in argos. It plugs into your HDMI port and you can access sky movies/entertainment (with a subscription), you tube, bbc iplayer, demand 5 etc. You can also stream photos/videos from your laptop with it. There's no contract so if he decided he didn't want the movies after the 4 months he doesn't have to. It's well worth the tenner a month though.

What about a NowTV box? You can get it with 4 months sky movies for £35 in argos. It plugs into your HDMI port and you can access sky movies/entertainment (with a subscription), you tube, bbc iplayer, demand 5 etc. You can also stream photos/videos from your laptop with it. There's no contract so if he decided he didn't want the movies after the 4 months he doesn't have to. It's well worth the tenner a month though.

They have a sky subscription, plus bt vision. But if they were to ever get rid of them, I do like this idea.

It's quite difficult as he's one of those people that if he spots something he likes then he just goes out and gets it as he isn't happy until he has it :dohh: I'm going to see if I can get the hubby looking into some ideas for me later on today as it's starting to drive me mad now :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"