Favourite carriers please!!!! Newbie!!!

redpoppy

Reaction score
I'm sure this must have been a thread before but I can't find it!!!!

Can those mummies who use slings and carriers and have experience with them please let me know their favourite ones?

I just bought a Moby wrap :happydance: which is my first!!! (not due till NYE) but REALLY like the look and feel of the close baby carrier too. But I don't like the price. :nope: :mrgreen: Although I kept worrying the softer fabric might get a little saggy?

Any opinions would be much appreciated!!!!

And did all you mummies buy prams too and did you get much use out of them?

Oh and were there any types of wraps or any difficulties in using them originally? Did anyone's baby not like being in a wrap? Anything else I should know?

SO excited!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I tried a wrap and for me it was hard to do...but mine wasn't a Moby...I will be getting another to try out with our next baby though.

My favorite is my Babyhawk...it was pricey but so worth it. I got it when he was 2mo and he's 25mo and we still use it, not as much but he fits comfortably.

I love my new moby d wrap worn lily all day today and no backache also like babyhawk x

I have a Simply Mei Tai https://www.simplymeitai.co.uk/ and a Maya Wrap Ring Sling https://www.mayawrap.com/viewItem.a...sc=Lightly Padded Sling&VendorDesc=&Search=N# .

I love both of them, use the MT for walks etc and the Ring Sling for shopping and around the house. Both very comfy, Freya likes them.

I do have a pushchair aswell, which I use when I know I will have a lot to carry. Freya is used to the slings now and doesn't really like to be in it, but I usually manage about an hour or so before I get her out and carry her!

Moby for me, Both Imi, DF and I all love it!! DF had tried 2 others before the Moby and couldn't believe how much better it was! I didn't worry about price as I got it off ebay for £21 :) The wrapping seems complicated at the start but now i don't even realise i'm doing it, it comes so naturally :)

I've tried loads LOL but for a newborn I would highly recommend a Moby (which you have!). For an older baby I would possibly recommend a Mei Tai or SSC (soft structured carrier) such as a Connecta.

I currently use a Connecta and LOVE it! I use it all the time and have now mastered back carries with it which I hadn't manged with other carriers (btw, my LO is 8 months and over 25lbs!!!).

I also use a Rockin Baby Ring Sling and LOVE that too but I personally couldn't master slings when LO was newborn :blush:

There's so much out there to try and what suits you won't suit someone else...it is definatly personal preference! :D

I barely use my pushchair now but used to use it a lot more. I do think there are times when a pushchair comes in handy (like shopping to put your bags in the basket etc) but some people manage fine without one!

xx

I have a connecta and swear by it having tried a babasling, wilkinet, hauck carrier, and calin bleu wrap.

i have a moby and a BH and love em both equally, i am also looking at a ring sling to try too but you will definately love the moby and i would sooooooo recommend trying a BH

i have a Quinny and i use it when i go out and know i'm gonna have alot to carry or if i'm gonna be out loads of time as i have lots to take with me but i always take a carrier with me and often end up pushing the Quinny without Daisy in it !!!!!!!!!!!

i have a moby and a BH and love em both equally, i am also looking at a ring sling to try too but you will definately love the moby and i would sooooooo recommend trying a BH

i have a Quinny and i use it when i go out and know i'm gonna have alot to carry or if i'm gonna be out loads of time as i have lots to take with me but i always take a carrier with me and often end up pushing the Quinny without Daisy in it !!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, I do this too, I feel a right wally!!

I had a Moby and Close when she was small but now she's bigger I splashed out on an Ergo and love it! Its so comfy I could carry her all day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->