Favourite toys at 4?

tommyg

Mum to Smurf & TTC
Reaction score
Obviously we have Christmas coming soon and DSs birthday not long after.
On his list is a Cabbie and Dusty from planes2 and a peddle bike ( he only has a balance bike)

I need some other ideas. What has been your 4 year olds favourite toy?

I'm cutting back on what we spent last year as he got stuff that hasn't been looked at but 3 things seems stingy. I was thinking a marble run but might keep that idea for future.

My lo is a girl but some of her favourite toys are

- Lego
- toy kitchen and toy food (still!)
- writing books, pens, stampers, felts etc
- play doh

Hth a little bit

My son is 5 at Christmas and is desperate for a marble run!

His favourite toys this year have been his wooden train set, dinosaurs, farm and safari animals and dress up clothes. But he loves role play.

Which marble run are you looking at?
I can't decide if a cheap plastic one would be better or a small wooden one that can be added to in future.

Advice from family with older kids is to get a Galt one that is easy to add other sets onto. I've asked grandparents to get a Galt one for him so we just have to wait and see what it's like!

My older son is 4, and I've gotten him:
Lego Duplo
Imaginext Pirate Ship
Batmobile
Ninja Turtle car
a few character shirts, like spiderman, batman, etc

From other family, he's getting:
Ninja turtle action figures
Marvel Avengers action figures
Lego table
Lego Duplo
Hot wheels toys

My 4 year old doesn't really like anything at the moment. I've decided that family can get him toys but mostly clothes and we are going to decorate his bedroom. It needs doing and we can't really afford to do it otherwise so just going to get some bits for that. Sound like a rubbish present but I'm fed up of wasting money on toys he never ever plays with!

I wouldn't buy the plastic marble run, I bought Charlie one last year and it was a nightmare to build!! Go for the wooden if you can. At 4, he loved action figures (still does), dinosaurs, flicker scooter and I got him a huge castle from elc with knights and dragons etc.. He's loving Imaginext just now and they're great toys considering they're plastic, really good quality. Hexbugs are great as well, as you can build on it and buy little bits to add on at any time - charlie loves them :)

I've got the marble run, ended up with a quadrilla and got it when it dropped £30 on amazon before it went back up in price less than 10 mins later. So chuffed with my Christmas bargain.

I've got the marble run, ended up with a quadrilla and got it when it dropped £30 on amazon before it went back up in price less than 10 mins later. So chuffed with my Christmas bargain.

Had a look at that one, looks brilliant! Gotta love an Amazon bargain :lol:
There's one on there for £220! I'd be wanting gold marbles with that one :haha:

Amazon is bonkers with some prices esp when it comes to discontinued models the one I went for was the vertigo.

Hi there, my DS has just turned 4 in October. He likes...

Duplo (bought him bigger boy lego for his birthday, but he prefers duplo for now)
Hot wheels cars and tracks
play doh stuff - ice cream set's a fave
jake and the neverland pirates pirate ship play set
toy kitchen (we got the one from IKEA) and play food
board games, but particularly the orchard toys ones, junior monopoly, operation, pop up pirate, doggy doo

HTH! :)

my sons favourite gift for his birthday was a childrens CD player with theme tube cd's. it has 2 microphones so he can sing along, karaoke style, and is portable so he can listen to it anywhere. he absolutley loved it then and still does now. best gift ever!

DS got Hot Wheels with extra motorcycles and a kiddies tablet from us. My mom bought him a Thomas track and train set and clothes. My sister bought him Wreck It Ralf figurines with the bricks to break (really cool!); my brother bought him a remote control monster truck and MIL bought him a tricycle/ bicycle with helmet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->