Fear of dying during c section

bicornbump

Reaction score
I'm scheduled for a c section next Tuesday and I'm having awful anxiety about dying during or after the surgery.

During the surgery I'm afraid of bleeding out and afterwards I'm afraid of blood clots.

I've never had major surgery before, so I guess I'm just worried about how my body will handle all the stress.

Guess I'm just venting/looking for reassurance. I would love to hear some experiences that aren't horror stories...😪

Hi Bicornbump, I have had two sections, one emergency and one elective. I'm also an aneasthetic nurse in a delivery suite theatres.

You are so closely monitored during the section, try not to worry. I know it's easier said than done but you're really well looked after. With regards to blot clots after I dont know how it works in your hospital but both times I had my babies i've had blood thining injections after and wore some fetching tight socks!

Please try not to worry, it'll be an amazing experience and you'll soon have your baby in your arms x

Hi Bicornbump, I have had two sections, one emergency and one elective. I'm also an aneasthetic nurse in a delivery suite theatres.

You are so closely monitored during the section, try not to worry. I know it's easier said than done but you're really well looked after. With regards to blot clots after I dont know how it works in your hospital but both times I had my babies i've had blood thining injections after and wore some fetching tight socks!

Please try not to worry, it'll be an amazing experience and you'll soon have your baby in your arms x

Thank you for the response ❤
I know the chance of death is slim, but I can't help but worry.

I have my last prenatal appointment tomorrow, so I'm hoping the doctor can comfort me a bit. Unfortunately I don't think my anxiety is going anywhere til the surgery is over and done with.

Thank you for the response ❤
I know the chance of death is slim, but I can't help but worry.

I have my last prenatal appointment tomorrow, so I'm hoping the doctor can comfort me a bit. Unfortunately I don't think my anxiety is going anywhere til the surgery is over and done with.

Thats completely understandable, I was the same and I work there!! Hope the appt goes well x

I hope you've found comfort!! It can be a bit scary. I've had 3 sections, and they are nerve wracking. Give us an update!

I've had two sections and I have to admit I was definitely scared, but it is a very controlled environment and you can talk to the doctors as you go.

My third section is happening at the end of April, and my biggest fear is the needle. [I DO NOT like needles :nope:]... Once you hear and see your baby you wont even care what happens to you. I too wore the compression stockings [which you can buy from the hospital] to prevent clots and to help with post op swelling. Also, I know that my OB removes as much as she can from my uterus, so clots that come out that way weren't bad for me at all.

All the best! Congratulations on your soon to be bundle! :hugs:

My c-section was considered an emergency but nothing like they show u on TV or anything. They told me an hour before I went in. I had a complicated pregnancy so I was never really expecting to give birth vaginally. I was induced and it failed and hence emergency c-section. I had minor surgeries before and honestly the c-section was less scary for me. I was terrified of dying under general anesthesia but because it was local and I was awake. It felt like I had some sort of control over it. I had two surgeons and an army of nurses, my anesthetist was amazing. The whole experience was great from start to finish. People always tell me sorry when I said I had a c-section and it was an emergency but I loved it and should I ever have another one I will go elective c-section. I had a great and quick recovery. And my scar is barely visible. You are monitored closely and with the local (that's how c-section are done here in SA) they constantly ask you how you doing. Honeslty it was such a peaceful experience. I had less doubts about the c-section then I did about the vaginal. You will do great! And then when you have your little one in your arms everything will melt away! Just focus on that moment. Your team of doctors and nurses will have everything under control and when you get into that OR you will see it yourself. Don't worry mama you got this!

My c-section was considered an emergency but nothing like they show u on TV or anything. They told me an hour before I went in. I had a complicated pregnancy so I was never really expecting to give birth vaginally. I was induced and it failed and hence emergency c-section. I had minor surgeries before and honestly the c-section was less scary for me. I was terrified of dying under general anesthesia but because it was local and I was awake. It felt like I had some sort of control over it. I had two surgeons and an army of nurses, my anesthetist was amazing. The whole experience was great from start to finish. People always tell me sorry when I said I had a c-section and it was an emergency but I loved it and should I ever have another one I will go elective c-section. I had a great and quick recovery. And my scar is barely visible. You are monitored closely and with the local (that's how c-section are done here in SA) they constantly ask you how you doing. Honeslty it was such a peaceful experience. I had less doubts about the c-section then I did about the vaginal. You will do great! And then when you have your little one in your arms everything will melt away! Just focus on that moment. Your team of doctors and nurses will have everything under control and when you get into that OR you will see it yourself. Don't worry mama you got this!

Boy that calmed my nerves a bit more. I know I've had 3 before, but for some reason my mind is exemplifying things haha. Thanks for the story!

I must admit I was very scared, natural birth or c-section. Either way I had pretty bad anxiety during my twin pregnancy.
I was induced ready for natural delivery but nothing worked so ended up c-sec in the end. Honestly it was such a great experience. I had read and heard all sorts of stories and mine was nothing compared to them, and i had 2 babies!
I know everyone's experiences and complications are different, so please DO NOT GOOGLE, talk to midwives and consultants, That's what they're there for.
Good luck! You'll be in great hands I'm sure :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->