Fed up of supplements already!

Hope3

LTTTC#1
Reaction score
So that's pregnacare off the list - works (mmc on the 1st try at 5 weeks) but sets of my herpes.

EPO, no!

I tried EPO to increase my CM. I didn't notice as much of an increase as I did with Pregnacare. I've just come on and it's the shortest cycle I've ever had, only 24 days when I'm usually 28/29 days. I knew from my chart it was going to be a shorter cycle but not that short!

For a minute I thought I was going into early menopause (as if I'm not paronoid enough). I wish I'd done a bit more research before taking EPO. I've just found out that it can shorten cycles. I don't want that!

I've been taking Boots own brand Conception Support multivitimins. I don't know if they're doing anything but I take them anyway.

Maybe it's because I am 41 & TTC #1 that I've bought into the (justifiable) fears about how hard it is conceive at this age. We've not been trying long compared to some, since September 2011 but every month I've tried some supplement or other to help Mother Nature when maybe she doesn't need it. I certainly don't need to have my body messed with at this time.

This month the only supplement I'll be taking is folic acid and that's it.

EPO totally shortened my luteal phase from 15 days to 8 days, I did a whole thread about it if you do a search on this forum, but it sounds like you are getting the same SE I experienced. I also got massive headaches on it.

I'm trying Clomid now, and have had no side effects on that, everyone's body is different :shrug:

I've also given up on EPO as it shortened my cycle too :-(

@Northstar - if only I had seen your thread before I might have been a bit more cautious. It was somebody on another thread that recommended using EPO to increase cm. I researched EPO and cm but I didn't see anything about the possible side effects.

Like you say, everybody is different. It just makes you realise just how finely tuned our bodies are.

I use Preseed and it worked 2 times just no sticky beans I have LPD so starting clomid I used Vitamin B6 to lengthen from 9 to 15 days and lost 10lbs a month as a bonus natural metabolism booster and progestrone after ovulation till AF 2 time naturally after Tubal Reversal but the Preseed and Softcups worked in 2 cycles also hubby takes FertilAid for Men and they have for women made by same doctor who designed Preseed hope this helps use half as much as recommended really slippery but DH loves it

I know what you mean with the supplements. I keep switching them and I don't think that's best. I am sticking with what I have now for next 3 months. I have read it takes that long for egg quality to come around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->