Feeding a 10 month old

Swanny

Reaction score
Hi,

This might sound silly cause I have a 3 year old but I've forgotten how to feed little ones lols!

I feel like I'm giving him the same things over and over

Banana
Brocolli
Carrots
Lasagne
Yoghurts
Fruit Puree
Porridge
Spag Bol
Pasta shells
Peas
Sweetcorn
Strawberries

etc etc

I'm looking for more like meal ideas rather than just picking at finger foods?

Is everyone else giving pretty much what I am or is there more I could be offering at this stage?

if your ticker is correct & LO is 10 months ide just give him what ever you are eating.

sandwiches, toast, veg sticks with dips, cheese etc

and then what ever meals you have too x

As above poster said. My 10 month old eats the same as the rest of us including my nearly 3 year old. Apart from honey and nuts they can have anything (obviously watching salt and sugar content)
For example yesterday she had:
B - weetabix and banana
L - ham cucumber and tomato sandwich, fruit pot, chocolate biscotti
D - roast lamb, potatoes, veg, Yorkshire pudding
21oz milk

I tend to stick to the same things too, your list is quite similar to mine!! He has porridge and fruit for breakfast, then sandwiches and yoghurt for lunch most days. I try to batch-cook though so he gets a variety of dinners throughout the week and it's easy to just pop a frozen portion in the microwave rather than having to faff around cooking every night.

Have you got any recipe books? I have got Annabel Karmel's Baby and Toddler menu planner - a lot of the meals in there can be frozen so I just do 2 or 3 per week and freeze it down, so we've now got 1 freezer drawer full of different meals for him. A favourite is the hidden vegetable sauce - got tons of it and we can quickly make a pizza, spag bol or meatballs with it and he loves it :)

My 10 month old is a massive fan of omelette and macaroni cheese. Today's dinner was steamed broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus, sweet potato mash, and some pork burgers. Lunch was quiche, avocado and blueberries. Fishcakes are a winner too. I also do special fried rice with peas, prawns and scrambled egg which goes down well.

As others said, whatever you are eating. My little guy also love rice mixed with plain yogurt, homemade whole wheat cake (dry enough to eat with his hands) and I make a lot of stews/curry (think minestrone, lentil) for the family and mash them up for him if need be.bIt is fig season where we live and he is eating 2-3 daily, I need to google that to make sure it's ok.

Around that age, quiche was a bit hit (store-bought, I don't make it, so it did have some added salt, but it was a once a week rather than an every day thing). Also, I made mini pasties (usually broccoli, sweet potato and potato, but almost any combination of veg or meat would work). Chunky stews were also really good with buttered bread dippers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->