Feeding and sterilising abroad

Buckles

Reaction score
Hi
Our LO is 11 weeks old and we are taking her on holiday soon, we are staying in an all inclusive hotel, and I was wondering how do I sterilise her bottles?? I currently use a microwave steriliser. Also am I ok to use the tap water for her formula? Or would it be safer to pack LOTS of ready made cartons??
Help... :)

Does your room have a kettle so you can use boiled water for making up the bottles, if not would the hotel kitchen able to provide you with some boiled water. I'm not sure what you can get there but in Australia we have Milton it's a liquid that sterilizes bottles maybe you have a similar product? Hope this helps

Depends where you are going really. If it is somewhere like France or Spain I would take powdered formula and make it up using boiled tap water - you will obviously need a kettle to get the water to the correct temperature. Sterilize using cold water and those tablets - it's really easy and the same solution is good for 24 hours. Milton probably make them but supermarket own brands also exist. If you are staying somewhere where you are less sure about the drinking water then you may feel happier with cartons although to be honest if your water is boiling then you have killed germs in it. Perhaps a travel sized kettle?

id speak to the provider your booking with and ask them what facilities the hotel can offer in regards to you getting boiled water and steraliseing your bottles xx id take a few cartons to play safe though xx

We're going to Turkey in Apr when dd will be 6 months old and I have bought some travel steriliser bags off of ebay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110991678065?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649). They come in a box of 7 and each bag last 24hrs and is individually sealed and contains a sterilising tablet. You just add water to the bag and each one has a drawstring so that you can hang it up in your hotel room.
In regards to formula we're packing about 5 1liter bottles and 5 cartons of premade formul,a shared between each of the 3 suitcases. We're also going to order about 10 (depends on how much she's drinking nearer the time) cartons of premade from boots, and request collection from boots for once we've gone through security to the departure lounge. We'll have one bottle made up in the nappy bag for any emergency feed and to make sure we don't get told we've got too much liquids in our bags whilst going through security.

We sterilised tap water- took a plastic tub and Milton. We also took pre made milk with us- but this is heavy so takes up lots of baggage allowance, looking back would have been better to take a cheap kettle with us and boil mineral water. X

Most hotels rooms these days provide you with a kettle. I'd just take some of those sterilising tablets and do it like that. Or call your hotel and ask them if they do provide you with a kettle just to be on the safe side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->