Feeding from only one boob at night?

jessicatunnel

Reaction score
So my lo is 5.5 weeks and he usually only feeds from one boob at a time. I alternate each time he needs to feed. But lately I've been really lazy alternating boobs at night. I'm just really tired, hah. We cosleep, and I sleep on my left side so feed him laying down from my left breast most of the night. I feed him from the right once or twice because I'm scared something will happen. Will this mess with my supply in my right breast? He seems satisfied and my supply seems fine on the right side (so far!). Should I just stop being lazy? :haha:

I think it could affect your supply if it's a long time between feeds on that side. I would try to alternate if you can :)

I did this. It did mess with my supply a bit and made me lopsided! Now my left breast is bigger and the better producer. I try to balance a little more now but she still probably spends more time on my left side.

We started doing this when my LO was a few months old. I also switched sides every night (so if I fed completely from the left one night, I'd feed completely from the right one the next).

I'd probably keep alternating during the night until 10-12 weeks when your supply is established.

Eek that's what I was afraid of, thanks girls! I'll get off my lazy bum and start feeding from the right more at night!
For some reason I can't feed him from my right when I'm laying down. Can never get positioned right and he always unlatches so I have to sit up and feed him. That's why I've been feeding from the left mainly, since I can do it laying down. Geez I'm so lazy, haha!

Just practice feeding from the right while laying down. It will get easier for both of you, but just takes a bit of practice! I am totally lazy as well and had to learn how to do it because there was no way I was gonna sit up!

Hmm. I'm doing this with my 3wk old and did with my last baby too. I just found I had normal supply in both breasts during the day, and more on the one side during the night. I'm continuing with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->