Feeding herself - HELP!

Stef

Mummy to Olivia & PG #2
Reaction score
Olivia wont eat for me at the moment.

Ive always encouraged feeding her self since she was about 9 months giving her a spoon etc if we were at home and although she tried she was never bothered.

Today she wont eat anything that I try and give her. She spits it out shakes her head and cries at me. All she wants to do is feed herself... Which is great dont get me wrong... Just she hasnt got the hang of it and quite simply cant feed herself. she wont put her hand in the bowl and eat that way she wants the fork and spoon.

What shall I do. She keeps trying but picks nothing up. Even if I have no spoon or anything and try and help her with a steady hand she wont have it. Ive done her Chicken & pasta bake for tea which... isnt going any where but on the tray/floor.

How can I get her to eat. Ive cut up some bread and cucumber and carrot sticks etc but she wont eat those either

Im worried shes gona loose weight etc if she's not eating and she cant yet feed herself properly

:cry:

Im at a total loss
xx

I'd just leave her. If she is happy trying to feed herself then just let her be. As long as she isn't getting upset. Just leave her too it and she will eventually get the hang of it.

Caitlin holds her sppons after dinner etc but feeding herself? Not yet no way she'd starve lol She lets me feed her although will go for the bowl she understands NO :lol: but has LOTS of finger foods during the day and after her dinner sometimes some lightly buttered bread!

Iv been at work today but chris has been off and he said she seems to be eating better today so hopefully she was just fadding

x

Callums been like this today, had to give him his little fork in the end and let him feed himself. The only thing he'll let you feed him is his weetabix in the morning.

Glad she's been abit better today. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->