Feeding routine for 7/8mnth old

Whisper

Mummy to DD & DS
Reaction score
Amelia has been on solids for quite a while now she has 3 meals a day plus milk feeds.

I am just concerned that she isn't getting enough milk, i was wondering what everyone else's routine is with their 7/8mnth old.

This is Amelia's feeding routine at the moment

7.30am - Milk
8am - Cereal & Juice
10am - Milk
12.30pm - Lunch & Juice
3pm - Milk
5.30pm - Dinner & Juice
7pm - Milk

Then usually she wakes twice at night so 2 feeds in the night (these tend to be her biggest milk feeds).

Any advice would be great :D

I think that is fine.... Courtney was only getting 2 bottles a day until I saw on the tin that 7 month olds need 3 bottles a day! So now thats what she gets too!! But Courtney doesnt have any milk in the night!!

How much milk does she have at each feed? This is Erin's routine:

8.00am - cereal made up with 2oz milk + water
10.00am - milk 7oz
12.30pm - meat/veg puree + yoghurt + water
2.30pm - milk 7oz
5.30pm - meat/veg puree + fruit + water
7.30pm - milk 7oz

Erin then sleeps straight through with no milk feeds in the night. I hope this helps. xx

She seems to be doign fine. Jacob is nearly six months and only takes 10-14oz a day with 3 lil meals (half a jar each time) He refuses any more! XxX

She seems to be doign fine. Jacob is nearly six months and only takes 10-14oz a day with 3 lil meals (half a jar each time) He refuses any more! XxX

Courtney was only on this until I replaced her tea meal with milk!!
She was only on one 7oz when woken.... then 7oz before bed...! But her diet is really good so i cant see that shes not getting enough vitamins and stuff!! Maybe Ill go back to just 14oz a day again!!

Jacob will point blank refuse his bottle. So i cant give any more ive tried bottles/ sippy cups etc but the minute he tastes milk he hates it but if i give him juice he'll drink it :dohh: but he is lactose intorlant, so maybe its his body saying he doesnt like milk :shrug: XxX

How much milk does she have at each feed? This is Erin's routine:

8.00am - cereal made up with 2oz milk + water
10.00am - milk 7oz
12.30pm - meat/veg puree + yoghurt + water
2.30pm - milk 7oz
5.30pm - meat/veg puree + fruit + water
7.30pm - milk 7oz

Erin then sleeps straight through with no milk feeds in the night. I hope this helps. xx

Its kind of hard to tell how much she gets, the feeds during the day i feel like she gets to distracted and isn't really interested in feeding, she usually nurses for about 5mins! I would guess she gets about 3 or 4oz but honestly i have no idea?

I would like her to drop the night feeds and for her to sleep right through but she seems to feed quite a lot i guess she has double maybe more, than what she gets during the day feeds?

I guess it just reassurance i need it seems like we have the same feed schedule.

When do we start giving morning and afternoon snacks?

Amelia has been on solids for quite a while now she has 3 meals a day plus milk feeds.

I am just concerned that she isn't getting enough milk, i was wondering what everyone else's routine is with their 7/8mnth old.

This is Amelia's feeding routine at the moment

7.30am - Milk
8am - Cereal & Juice
10am - Milk
12.30pm - Lunch & Juice
3pm - Milk
5.30pm - Dinner & Juice
7pm - Milk

Then usually she wakes twice at night so 2 feeds in the night (these tend to be her biggest milk feeds).

Any advice would be great :D

Wow, we're pretty much on exactly the same schedule! I would also LOVE to drop those nightly feeds, but just like you wrote, this is where most milk goes in. As long as they are happy, eh :)

Yes as long as they are happy! Its funny how when people make little comments it knocks your confidence with what you are doing, yesterday both my MIL and my mum said i should only give her water at night time!

Then i started doubting myself but i'm pleased to hear you are in the same situation, and what we are doing is the right thing. :D

Yes as long as they are happy! Its funny how when people make little comments it knocks your confidence with what you are doing, yesterday both my MIL and my mum said i should only give her water at night time!

Then i started doubting myself but i'm pleased to hear you are in the same situation, and what we are doing is the right thing. :D

When ppl suggest water at night it is a way of trying to get LOs to stay asleep, with the effect that they wont want to wake up if all they are getting is milk!

If your happy feeding during the night then thats fine :)

I think what you are doing is fine. Apart from the night feeds we seem to be on the same schedule. I haven't really introduced any snacks yet properly but I have given her tastes of toast, fruit, baby biscuit etc. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->