• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

feeding schedule/meal plan

miraclebaba

Reaction score
Hello ladies, I feel like i don't know what i am doing, i just feed my son randomly, i dont know how much i should be feeding him. My friend has this neat meal plan for her daughter and i felt like i am doing something wrong and i might be over feeding my son.

please help me and would you please share your LOs eating plan

thank you

How old is your LO? We have yet to wean Maisie yet but with Callum he started on these pots

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=a...-angels-food-freezer-pots-review%2F;3000;4000

He would eat a full one from early on, think theyre about 2oz. He then went to bigger pots/would have two pots from around 8 months. We would feed him breakfast around 9, dinner at 12, snack around 2pm then tea around 4.30ish to 5. If your LOs eating well thats great, I'd just continue offering what he wants to eat, as long as hes having milk well still then great xx

oooh, my son is 6 months. there is a lot i dont have but i think i willl be able to get sone thus Saturday, he has one of those pots, i thought it is just a bowl lol..i am yet to get him a cup, just wanted to have a routine for feeding him. I bought cerelac and some pureed baby food and juices and yogurts, he only wants to eat yogurts and i think they have a lot if sugar, so he will be getting one after every 2 to 3 days. Juices i mix with a bit of water, It is very hot here in South Africa so i want to keep him hydrated.. again his stools has become a but hard, what can u give spas fibre?

Just offer him food whenever you eat. So normal breakfast time, lunch time, etc. though dinner will probably be earlier than when you eat about 1-2 hours after he last had a milk feed. And I would skip the yogurts (unless they are plain) and juice. If you want to offer flavoured yogurt, buy some plain yogurt and add a little fruit puree to it, but it's not necessary. Avoid those packaged flavoured ones, because like you said, they have lots of sugar. Same with juice. At 6 months, he should still be having mostly formula or breastmilk as liquid to quench thirst, but you can offer him water in a cup too. He probably won't drink much from a cup at his age, but just keep offering it. You'll see his stools change a lot from weaning. My daughter was always constipated from birth, but once she started food, she was going regularly. It was the food that did it, not hydration (she didn't really drink any water until about 9 months). You might try offering more fruits and vegetables and whole grains to see if it helps with constipation. If he's thirsty, offer him water, of course, but keep his milk feeds up so he's well hydrated. No need for juice.

And as for the routine, really just try to offer food when you'd normally eat in your house. That way he gets used to eating when everyone else does as that's what he'll be doing for the rest of his life anyway. And you can offer him as much as he wants, as long as it's healthy, no added sugar or salt, etc. He'll know when he's had enough. When my daughter just started having 3 meals a day (at 7.5 months), our day looked roughly like this:

6am - milk
8am - breakfast
10am - milk
12pm - lunch
3pm - milk
5pm - dinner
7pm - milk

She's 20 months now and the times are all the same, except that she only has a cup of milk before bed.

thank you so much, ya'll have been great help...thank u so much..i will not give yogurts and juice...i will start him on a routine..thank you

We've done BLW with both of ours, and just offered them food at the times we eat. If they're interested, they'll try some. If not, no worries. If they're asleep, also no worries. It's ridiculously stress-free. I couldn't be bothered to stick to some chart or arbitrary amount increasing system, personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->