Feeding survey - weaning age and method of feeding

A

asacia

Forgive my nosiness, I just wanted to post this poll, as I was wondering about this the other day.

I know it is a delicate subject, but I am sure we can all share what we did and why without falling out!

Also, I'm taking weaning to mean introducing anything other than milk (baby rice, purees, tablefood) in any quantites.

mine complicated lol we started purees at 17 weeks then swtiched to BLW at 5 1/2 months, never looked back

I voted FF and weaned between 4-6months as we started BLW when she was 5m3wks lol by giving her food to play with.

At 6m1wk she's still not "eating" but she is being "weaned" so that's why I voted for that..... Hope that makes sense??

ff and weaned after 6 months

we started blw at about 5 months just to
give her tasters before we went onto jars

now she has 3 meals a day with a mixture
of purees and finger foods

xx​

Formula fed, weaned at 5 months. Just starting finger foods :D

I just voted for Hayden since he's my youngest which was he breastfed until he started weaning at 6mo but he didn't eat until 9mo so. But with Casen he breastfed and weaned at about 5mo. Landon the recommendations were different and he was formula fed and weaned at 3 almost 4mo

Aaron was exclusively breastfed and we started doing BLW at about 6 or 7 months. He refused to eat anything (finger foods or purees) until 10 months!

Olivia is bf and I began BLW weaning at 5 months and 2 weeks but she has only just begun to chew and swallow food.

Aisling is breastfed and started on purees at about 5 1/2 weeks due to poor weight gain. Have decided to trust myself rather than the HVs and as of today am ditching the purees and fully BLW as was my intention originally :happydance:

FF, started BLW at 5 months and 2 weeks, she's 6 months now and she swallowed some food in the last few days but is not massively interested.

BF exclusively but he grabbed my banana and shoved it in his mouth at just over 5 months so started baby led weaning (no purees, just solids from day one). Don't think he swallowed much until about 7 months but now eats 3 meals a day, 2 snacks, 1 or 2 cartons aptamil plus 1 breastfeed.

Breastfeed and started weaning at 17 weeks. So so pleased that I did! Now eats everything, loves food and can fully feed herself. We followed a mixture of BLW and puree as we have just been very much led by what she seems to want and need.

Formula fed and weaned before 4 months (well a teaspoon of baby rice at night until she was 4+months)

Now on 3 meals a day of 1/2 jar

Combi fed and we started weaning at 5 1/2 months, mix of purees and BLW. Prob now is he has no interest in BF and now FF.

Well i breastfed till 3 months then FF and weaned at 3 months so i didnt know what to put combo or breastfed :lol:

i giver her 3 meals a day with 2 snacks :)

Breastfed and started with purees at 5 1/2 months then introduced finger foods at about 6 1/2 months and ditched the purees when she refused to eat lumpier ones and now at 10 months she is still BF and eats 3 meals a day of everything we eat (she can now eat a whole soft pear without chopping it up!)
I'm very happy with the way we've done things-seems perfecct for violet:happydance:

Noah is breastfed, weaned at 4.5 months. BLW did not appeal to me, nor the reasons to do it. But I do make all of his meals myself (never had a jar) altho he has shop bought deserts mostly. He has 3 meals a day now, just started havin dinner. xxxx

Declan was FF and weaned at 4 months.

Daniel was FF and weaned at about 3.5 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->