Feeding????

mrsdcooper

Mummy to Hermione
Reaction score
hi all

i would love some advice please.

Bubs was eating well and taking and draining 5oz 5 times a day. This week she has changed. she never takes her full 5 oz now and i am having to force feed her and sometimes she will only take 2 oz. in the whole of yesterday she only took 19z was taking 26oz in the previous weeks.

She also seems to be sleeping alot. she went to bed at 8pm slept through till 10pm took only 2oz then slept till 3.30am and took 5oz i woke her at 7.45 and fed her she took only 2oz and was asleep before 9am.

Do you think there is a problem, is this normal? do they go through phases?

My LO never seems to be consistently eating. Has she had any vaccinations in the past few days sometimes that affects them.

If she seems 'listless' when she's awake, definitely take her to the doctor.

Thanks, no jabs, infact nothing has changed which is why i am concerned.

she can be quiet when she is awake, but likes to smile and tries to grab things. so just not sure. trying to call the health visitor but they are not available, typical.

Iv been through a similar experience with the feeding bit...but what to you know a week after he is back to his old self again...when i asked the HV she really didnt have a clue...but for your piece of mind hun there is no harm in contacting the HV.
Goodluck hun :hugs:

xx

Im actually having this issue now...

Jasmine was eating 4-5oz 6 times a day and has been seeming so hungry, so yesterday she had 7 bottles... She is only 8lbs8oz, I dont know how she can eat so much, but she is constantly whining like she is hungry.

Im not sure what else to do.

Could have been a growth spurt, in your case Ryder it really sounds like that's what it was. Hannah would be starving for a few days, couldn't fill her up, than she'd settle back down. Babies do have days (sometimes several in a row) of eating less/eating more. I don't really think there's an average

Holy feck... I cant believe she can eat so much. Im getting a headache from the constant whining and crying :(

That is over 30oz in a 24 hour period.

During Hannah's growth spurts she can down 17 ounces in 5 hours :shock:

:rofl: Considering most days we can barely get 24 ounces down her, the growth spurts really are something to see :rofl:

Yep,their eating becomes really inconsistent during growth spurts.I know there were time when I though Lola will starve from not eating and then other days she'd be downing 20oz in just a few hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->