Feedings getting shorter?

Wugz22

Reaction score
Is it normal for baby to spend less time at the boob a he gets older? A month ago, he could easily spend 15-20 minutes on each boob. This week he keeps coming off each boob after 10 minutes or less, and wont latch back on! He seems satisfied??

Totally normal. As they get older they get more efficient at emptying the breast. Just follow his cues. If he is still hungry he would let you know.

Definitely. My LO is now 20 weeks and will sometimes empty a side in 3 minutes!! They get better at it and have stronger suck as they get older.

My lo doesnt take as long feeding as my first did. When she was a newborn she spent abt 20-30 mins feeding each time...this one is done within ten minutes? Unlatches herself and doesnt open her mouth if i try to get her to feed more... so i just assume shes full...

Is it normal for baby to spend less time at the boob a he gets older? A month ago, he could easily spend 15-20 minutes on each boob. This week he keeps coming off each boob after 10 minutes or less, and wont latch back on! He seems satisfied??

interesting. My lo will be 2 months in just a few days and also this past week went from 20min/boob to about 10/15 min per boob. Good to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->