Feeds all over the place

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
I'm really confused! We stopped weaning Oliver about a week ago cus he started to only take 3oz of formula at each feed so we thought perhaps he wasnt ready afterall! But he's still only taking 3-4oz even now, but still seems hungry..he moans and is restless, doesnt sleep and has his fists in his mouth all the time so he's deffo hungry but wont take more than 4oz. But then we leave it an hour and he'll take a tiny bit more and so on. It's driving me nuts cus we had him in a routine of having 6-7oz 4hourly and he slept through the night. Now his feeds are all over the place, bitting and bobbing, an ounce here an ounce there. He's awake half the night! Surely he shouldnt be feeding on demand at his age. Anyone have any ideas? In the end i gave him some apple puree a moment ago and he would have quite happilly took the whole jar! x

When weaning LO's they will take less milk as the food will be filling him up.

Seems a long time ago since i weaned my little boy :)

So hopefully some of the other girls will be able to advise how much milk there LO take as well as solids. x

I thought that but i i didnt expect him to cut down that much so quickly, as he was only havin 4teaspoons at lunchtime and started takin 3oz after about 5days. And as i say, we stopped giving him solids but its not made a difference, he's still takin little amounts yet hes really hungry. Confused! lol x

Aww bless him, you would be suprised how much 4 teaspoon will fill your little man up. But like you say if he isnt having solids and he isnt taking any more milk mmmmmmmmm yes confused too lol Could you speak to your health vistor for a bit of advise? x

That picture is so cute.

Yeah probably best. Thanks for ur help and pic comment! :) I wonder if its teething? Or something to do with the digestion probs he has xx

I would defintiely say teeth...my lo was going great guns until she was 5 months then didnt want her bottle and then did want it, then weaned her and she didnt want it some more :) arghhhhhhhhhh

Now I always offer milk first then solids and use some of those baby cereals when she is being particularly fussy..they can easily use 3oz's of milk :)

I can only say that it does get better and maybe putting a little bonjela on your lo's gums before a feed, it may help.

:hugs: I know it isnt easy.

I found the little bugga!! Im pretty sure i can see/feel a tiny tooth merging on the left side bottom gum...can feel the corner of it!! Cant really be aanythin else. OOOOh the joys. Bonjela doesnt seem to do much mind! x

you might just want to add solids again, possibly less?

looks like he is missing the solids???

the picture is gorgeous :hi:

Thanks mickey! He doesnt look so much of a baby now tho, more like a little boy..which makes me feel abit sad! lol. yeah we've started giivn him a little solids again. Thanks hun xx

I read you should not use bonjela before a feed as it numbs the tongue as well which can make sucking difficult!

maybe that's why he is not taking full feed from bottle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->