Feel like a newbie...

fola_e

Reaction score
My DS is 3 years old, ex 26 weeker delivered by emergency c-section (due to preeclampsia)... I'm currently 28 weeks with number 2..

Everything is different this pregnancy, all is going smoothly, I suppose I just feel a bit uneducated about how to prepare for a 'normal' labour. Things like contractions, sweeps, when to actually go to hospital once labour has begun..I'm clueless!

So how did all you ladies get educated or were u just thrown into the deep end first time too?!

I'm having my 2nd and my first is 6 so I feel like I'm starting all over again. I had an emergency c-section too with my first so pushing a baby out will be new. I've just looked online and on here to find out stuff I didn't know. Hope everything goes smoothly for u this time.

Your contractions (true Labour contractions will be painful! ) not like anything you could imagine. And they usually say to wait at home until they are 5 minutes apart lasting 60 seconds. I last gave birth 11 years ago and her sister is 16. With dd2 I went to the hospital feeling like inhad a bowling ball sitting in my pelvis that was attached to a chain that was attached to an 18wheeler with the drivers foot all the way down on the gas. And they still sent me home.....contractions weren't close enough together.

I was just thrown into the deep. Tbh, my contractions weren't too much for me at all. I could walk, talk, no crying, screaming, etc.--even when close together. So I had a hard time deciding if I should really go in or not; didnt want to be sent right back home. Somehow, you will just know. It could be just a hunch when you wake (like me) or you will definitely feel something. Good luck hun xx

I'm a third timer. With s#1 spontaneous labor at 37 weeks, I learned everything from doc, forums like this, books, and trial and error as I had many false labor episodes and two real preterm labor episodes on n which contractions were stopped. With ds#2 I was induced @38w. My Ds's are,12&6 years old! So even though ve been there I still feel like a newbie as this pregnancy is completely different! You really know more than you think and you'll think more than you should (stress). When it comes time you will know (I know, I know it sounds so cliche but it really is true). Contractions are painful, the first ones you feel that are painful may actually be false/prodromal labor but when the real thing (actve labor) hits you will know.
don't be afraid to ask doc and make them slow down for you ( my biggest problem was always feeling that doc was rushing me out of office). Ask questions, make a list and communicate. It will be fine. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->