Feel like I'm non stop feeding!

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
We're going on our 3rd day where I feel like I'm nonstop feeding and I'm exhausted. LO doesn't want to be out of my arms either. She'll fall asleep so I'll swaddle her and lay her down. The moment my arms leave her she's crying to be held and fed again. I would pay just for a short nap today! Please tell me this is normal and will settle down soon.

Normal. It is so comfy and relaxing in your arms of course she falls asleep but will be acutely aware of when you're not there. It could be the one week growth spurt (her tummy is tiny too) and she's upping your milk supply so the frequent feeding is necessary. It will pass even if it doesn't feel like it!

I think the baby blues on top of it is what's making the feedings unbearable. How long does this usually last?

I totally feel your pain! Mine is now 6 weeks old but I have had two incidents already where she was on me NONSTOP! Both times lasted about three days. During the time, I figured out a way to lay her down next to me on the bed with my arm under her head. This let me lay down flat and finally get some rest and she could still feel enough of my warmth to think I was right there. If I were in your shoes, I would nurse as often as possible to get your supply established while knowing that this may pass shortly. It sucks and feel for you because I was just there. Someone on here pointed it out that she needed me for comfort. That idea was really pretty to me and it kind of boosted my spirits.

Get comfy and settle in with some good TV or reading. It will pass quickly and you may look back on those snuggly days fondly.

Get comfy and settle in with some good TV or reading. It will pass quickly and you may look back on those snuggly days fondly.

Agree with this!

My DD is almost 5 months now and our nursing sessions are so much shorter - literally minutes sometimes. I do miss the marathon feeds now.

X

Congrats on your baby Mrs! DS is doing this too. Unfortunately he has been at it for 7 wks now (but remember 5 wks early). I'm getting no sleep either. I'm not coping well and my doc is now evaluating me for depression ugh.i don't think I'm depressed, just exhausted! His corrected age is only 2 wks though so maybe it will get better still.

Thank you Cat! Today has been in between. Early this morning we had many small feeds, through the afternoon we had a couple long ones so we'll see what tonight holds.

Normal! My daughter did it too, doctor called it 'cluster feeding'. Babies do it especially when they are having growth spurts. It does end though if you can hang in there! :)

Totally normal, it's cluster feeding and you'll get a few phases of it over the first couple of months. This is when many women give up, fearing that they haven't got enough supply because baby feeds constantly - but it's actually to the contrary, baby needs more milk as she grows and she tells your body to produce the required amount by constantly sucking as she enters a growth spurt.

I do feel for you, it's totally exhausting and often frustrating but I think it helps to understand why. It's a short lived phase in the grand scheme of things though and long term if you can keep bf it's a lot easier.

This is normal and will settle down soon :thumbup:

Keep laying her down after shes done feeding. It will be very frustrating because she will wake up and cry for more, but after a while she will stop. But you have to get her use to being put down. Also noises. Unless she obviously fussing from being tired, I keep some noise around in the room while shes sleeping so she gets use to it. Keeping a baby in a quiet room, they will only ever be able to sleep in a quiet room.

Baby is 2 weeks old now and sleeps through the dog barking, people shouting and slamming doors, music being turned on and obnoxious laughing (Hubbys brother is staying with us lol). Best of wishes! Congrats and good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->