Feel like such a tit

Mrsmac02

TTC #1
Reaction score
Just been to maternity assessment because, essentially I'm an idiot.

Baby mac has been really quiet for the last few days and I was already a bit anxious about it so went out to buy a doppler to see if I could pick up a HB. Quite why I decided a shitty doppler was a sensible idea, I don't know.

Anyway, got checked, baby seems fine, Doppler will shortly be heading for the bin. Lesson learned! Xx

Aww, no your not just a caring mummy who was worried. :hugs::flower:

dont be silly you did the right going to mat assessment! i hope they didnt make you feel that way.

but you are right about the dopplers! never using mine again after my scare at my midwife app yesterday.

did they put you on a trace?

The mw was so nice about it but there were women in there who were clearly in labour. Felt so guilty when they said baby seems fine. I'm sure the staff could well have done without a neurotic me! Xx

honestly dont feel like you have wasted their time. The health of your baby is the most important thing and you are just showing what a great mummy you are.

I was there Monday similar thing although my Doppler works brill (visual disturbances lack of movement and feeling generally crap) everything was fine thank god but there was a lady there who unfortunately that was not the case I had felt like such a prat as the mw was particularly ms trunchball esque but better safe than sorry that is what they are there for and that just proved to me I maybe a huge paranoid worrywart hypochondriac but it sadly does sometimes happen so don't feel a tit u did the right thing :)

That's the reason why I didn't buy one. Now you will stop obsessing over it at least.

You're definitely not an idiot hun, I mentioned to my midwife a few weeks ago that the baby had been a bit quiet that day. She used her Doppler and the heartbeat was normal but she was still concerned because the baby wouldn't move when she poked it. Anyway, she sent me straight off to the hospital for monitoring (everything was fine) so even if the heartbeat is right there it still pays to get any reduced movements checked out x

Its always, always worth getting checked out - just think how you'd have felt if there was something wrong and you hadn't gone in case you felt daft.. Devastating!

Glad everythings ok.. Chin up, you did the right thing :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->