Feel massive and self conscious

familygirl30

Reaction score
Just feeling massive,was hoping to lose weight before got pregnant,I had gained some on honeymoon 4 months before getting pregnant,I've gained about 20 pounds up to now but starting to feel huge with people's comments,my mil said I have gone round everywhere,anyone else feeling massive?Also looked at my wedding photo. And she said look how small your waist looked,u can get back to that

It's normal to feel huge during pregnancy because you're supposed to gain weight! You have a human being inside of you hun plus amniotic fluid! I know it's difficult to deal with because I felt the same way as you. Keep in mind you can lose the weight after the baby, for now enjoy your pregnancy and don't worry about how you look.

:hugs:

Think I'm feeling worse because I was big before got pregnant,so now slightest comment about my size of bump I think people are thinking I'm further on,my sis in law is due a week before me and I've been told she jus has a tiny bump can't tell she's pregnant,lol

You can't compare your bump to hers. Every woman's body is different and we all carry pregnancy differently. I was told all of the time I was too small for how far along I was and then when I caught up people made comments about how huge I was - you can't win with ignorant people. :nope:

Ignore them hun. :hugs:

Thanks Hun,I know my mil doesn't mean anything by it,she's a older lady but been pregnant and hormonal doesn't help

I feel crap too :( I've put on about 20 pounds. I look fat everywhere! Can't wait to lose all this weight. I feel embarrassed.

I feel crap too :( I've put on about 20 pounds. I look fat everywhere! Can't wait to lose all this weight. I feel embarrassed.

I was feeling not too bad until mil made slight comments to me!hubbys aunt also said to me u only have a couple of months left,when I said 11 weeks she just looked as if to say really!haha and then got well your mother is only slim isn't she,as if to say how come ur not!!

Juno don't worry about your mil... I haven't gained a kilo in this pregnancy and I'm all baby and my mil told me my dh was gonna make me run laps to burn the baby weight off....

I'm sure ur gorgeous and 20 pounds isn't massive or excessive for your stage and sounds normal to me...

Tell your mil to put a sock in it lol

Thanks,think cus my sis in law due week before me I'm getting compared to her and apparently u have to look twice as doesn't look pregnant at first(I wouldn't know as haven't seen her while pregnant) she apparently has small bump and she be v lucky and b back to slim self

I feel terrible as well. I have gained about 13 pounds so far, and its mostly belly. But my bump is HUGE. Random people make comments to me. I know they arent trying to be mean or any thing but it hurts my feelings! For example, today I was at the grocery store with my husband, and some man walks by me and says "WOW any day now! good luck!". I just smiled and say yup. Eventhough I have a few weeks. When we left the grocery store, I just started to cry! :(

I feel terrible as well. I have gained about 13 pounds so far, and its mostly belly. But my bump is HUGE. Random people make comments to me. I know they arent trying to be mean or any thing but it hurts my feelings! For example, today I was at the grocery store with my husband, and some man walks by me and says "WOW any day now! good luck!". I just smiled and say yup. Eventhough I have a few weeks. When we left the grocery store, I just started to cry! :(

13 pounds isn't bad at all,I know don't think people realise comments can upset us!

I've gained almost 35! People keep telling me how big my belly has gotten. Even though most people say "It's all Baby weight" it still makes me feel so self conscious. I was always really weigh conscious when I was in high school and this has just thrown me for a loop. I'm due this month and my wedding's in October so I've at least got huge motivation to lose it all after Baby comes.

20 lbs is nothing. Last pregnancy I gained 60 lbs!!! Yes, 60 lbs. Lost all but 15 in 3 months and then got pregnant again and now I'm well on my way back to 187 lbs again. It's so depressing but we just have to think that this time next year, we will be in much better shape!

I've gained 30 lbs and none of my clothes fit. Then i remember I'm growing a human in my stomach! Pregnancy is beautiful and so amazing. Embrace it! You'll have plenty of time to lose it after baby is here. Especially if you're going to breast feed :)

This is why ive not weighed myself through my whole pregnancy, I was self conscious of my pre pregnant weight as I needed to lose a couple of stone so the last thing I wanted was to feel s**t through pregnancy.

Do you know what - I have felt the most body confident ever whilst pregnant. I don't think I've gained excessively, I've eaten sensibly and focused on being healthy not my weight. It's done me the world of good psychologically.

It's not a time to feel bad about yourself, just do what's right for the baby.

X

I've gained 30 lbs and none of my clothes fit. Then i remember I'm growing a human in my stomach! Pregnancy is beautiful and so amazing. Embrace it! You'll have plenty of time to lose it after baby is here. Especially if you're going to breast feed :)

You are so close!!! Good luck, hopefully baby makes an appearance soon!

You are so close!!! Good luck, hopefully baby makes an appearance soon!

He'll be here really soon :) I go in Wednesday evening to be induced! Eeeek

I have 38 at 37 weeks, you ladies have gained little in my book...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->