Feeling a bit alone

Ash1708

Reaction score
So I'm 7.5 weeks along and pretty unwell with the throwing up and fatigue, nothing I can't handle though.
Im 28yo, so is my boyfriend of 3.5 years and we werent expecting the news, but ive known for almost 2 weeks and im really happy :)
I am just finding that im feeling a bit alone with it though. I know my partner cant feel what im feeling etc, but hes not entirely interested much. Hes glad we're having a baby (shocked at first like me), but hes not being as close to me as i sort of expected and doesnt seem to take my symptoms that seriously it feels like.
Is this normal or has this happened to anyone else?
TIA xx

I know exactly how you feel. When I was earlier on in my pregnancy I felt like no one understand just how ill and sick I was feeling. I was literally the most miserable person in the world... I felt like I had no support and all I was getting was “get up and get on with it” ... or “it’s in your head”...

My partner has been amazing when it’s come to making sure everything is bought for the baby. We have all the main things already and it’s all been down to him! So he’s been amazing there but when it comes to emotional support he’s been crap. With my sickness, aching, helping more around the house... I think he thinks it’s “easy” being pregnant, especially because I haven’t had a massive bump.. so it’s made me feel like I’m doing this alone and it’s SO hard... still doing all the same chores around the house... while still working full time... and feeling crap and slowly moving is becoming more of a challenge!!

I thought I might have a bit more support and not feel so lonely but I do get what you mean and how you feel... xxx

I'm 24 and my husband is 33 our baby was planned but a little unexpected. I'm 11 weeks now and still feeling terrible with exhaustion and nausea, I work long shifts so on my days off I just nap all the time! he's trying to be understanding but doesn't get it at all and doesn't really take much of an interest. I thought it'd make it more real for him once we saw the baby but we're not there yet, hoping once he can feel baby moving and listen to the heartbeat he might get more involved. I think it's normal for them to seem distanced as they can't experience it same as we can x

Hi Ash, maybe after you two both see an ultrasound of the baby or hear the heart beating, he will be more emotionally there for you. It takes a while for some guys to bond with the pregnancy.

What you are experiencing is normal. Men take longer to engage in the process of pregnancy. Maybe it will feel more real to him after the first scan. There are good articles and books that talk about it, from the mom's perspective and dad's perspective as well.

Last time I bought a book for my husband, called "Be prepared: a practical handbook for new dads". He said it helped a lot to understand things I was going through. He gave it to a coworker when his wife became pregnant. (It's on Amazon).

Hang in there! ♡

So I'm 7.5 weeks along and pretty unwell with the throwing up and fatigue, nothing I can't handle though.
Im 28yo, so is my boyfriend of 3.5 years and we werent expecting the news, but ive known for almost 2 weeks and im really happy :)
I am just finding that im feeling a bit alone with it though. I know my partner cant feel what im feeling etc, but hes not entirely interested much. Hes glad we're having a baby (shocked at first like me), but hes not being as close to me as i sort of expected and doesnt seem to take my symptoms that seriously it feels like.
Is this normal or has this happened to anyone else?
TIA xx
With any change we all have to have a time of mourning the old normal and getting used to the new normal. My husband was scared to death when he found out we were pregnant! He didn’t exactly get excited until he felt our baby move in my belly. Try continuing to let him know what your feeling, how your feeling, and what baby looks like as he/she grows. Congrats on baby. Being super hydrated helps with the nausea and so does sugar ;). -Rachel

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->