Feeling down about complicated last few weeks of pregnancy.

Reiko_ctu

Reaction score
So I need to go on insulin for my gestational diabetes likely next week at about 33.5/34 weeks. Because of this my whole birth plan is being screwed with, and honestly I’m not even one of those birth plan wackos, just a loose idea of what I’d like.

I wanted a home birth, can’t do that. That one I came to terms with and wasn’t too down.

Then meeting with the OB he said I will have to be induced by 38 weeks, I could push it to 39 if the nst looks good. I have to do all these extra appointments and extra monitoring in the meantime. And he asked me what requests I have for my birth. I said no iv and he said no problem. But then I said free movement and no continuous monitoring and he said that wouldn’t be possible if I was induced.

I know I may not need to be induced (my last came after a sweep at 38 weeks) but it’s not what I even wanted in my mind for the last few weeks.

My kids are being difficult and I can’t gwt the motivation to get things done or clean the house, so I’m stressed and just feeling down. If the pregnancy was less complicated I feel like I wouldn’t feel this way :(

Sorry Reiko, I know how you feel. I was up until 4am last night stressing over delivery because I also have some complicated health measures to think about that make it impossible to have a home birth, and difficult to make a hospital birth the way I want it. Actually this whole pregnancy has been a stressful experience!!

After having a meltdown yesterday about it I’m trying to think past the delivery day. If I try and remember it’s (hopefully) only a 24-48 hour max experience, and then I get to meet my little boy, that helps take away from the stress and fear and disappointment about the birthing process. Plus I try and remember that I can’t predict how this birth will go, and I might be all worked up for nothing - the baby might be born in the car for all I know.

Anyways I’m with you, I think it’s relatively normal for there to be a build up of negative emotions around this time - both because delivery is approaching and we’re all (especially you being further along) getting tired of being pregnant.

I hope you can take some time for yourself and do something that will take your mind off things for a while. Big hugs!

THanks Sander that is a great reminder. I will try and think of that too, not to put too much stock in the delivery because I will get to take my healthy baby home in a short amount of hours. That’s what really does matter to me if I really think about it.

Also, my last was born in the car so yup, you can never really predict how things willl go ;). Here’s to a speedy third tri and healthy births!!

Awww :hugs: I was induced with my first at 38 and 3 days due to GD and I was also pretty bummed. I wanted a very natural birth and being induced made that so hard -- your OB is right that they will want to monitor you so much more with the pitocin. UGH. I was constantly arguing with my nurses because I was allowed to labor in the tub (with an IV on my right arm keep that out of the water) but I had to get out for intermittent monitoring. Same with birth ball and all that. So they may let you have free movement to an extent but be monitored every 30 minutes or so for a bit. And you will be tied to an IV with pitocin. BUT it's all worth it when your LO arrives. Sander's right; it's a small period of time for what it is.

Sorry about the insulin. Getting extra monitoring will be nice though no? Or is that just me haha? I somehow avoided GD this time (????) and I am feeling like I will miss the extra NSTs but maybe they will still due them due to other things making me higher risk.

I think feeling down a bit as you get to the end is normal. We have been through a lot haha just you know, growing a human.

Aww hun I hear you my pregnancy was great until 33+4 when I began contracting wet on for 2 weeks until my waters broke st 36! I didn’t get anything I wanted on the birth it did take a bit fir me to come to terms with that I wouldn’t get my water part or even snacks! Good luck and be kind to yourself x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->