feeling down and out after first fertility clinic appointment

isittoolate

DP37, DS 11, DD 7 & DSD 7
Reaction score
just been for my first appointment at the fertility clinic.

part of the assessment was a tv ultra sound. during the u/s nurse informs me that there is no evidence of my once very prominant pcos yey! but then she show me my ovaries and says

"here is the left ovary see its clear"
"and here on the right, look a very large follicle... blood filled"

instant deflation. my chart says i ovulated on CD 14 and temps have been very high this cycle for me.
now u/s is saying no ovulation.
i say about my chart etc, she says "we don't rely on temperatures they aren't an indication of whether ovulation has happened or not"

i feel like i have been hit by a bus

:hugs: I used to have pcos and used to temp all the time, but despite temp showing I ovulated I never got lucky, my consultant did a scan and told me my pcos had cleared and to use clear blue, hectoo said not to rely on temps and to "dtd" on the day I get a smiley face, I also used clomid to help the eggs and the clear blue ovulation gave me th smiley face to say I had ov'd ......and the result was Finley..

We are using clear blue again, I would give it a try....

:hugs: I'm the same age as you and pretty much the exact same thing happened to me. Hubby and I went to see a FS after trying for a year with just an early MC to show for it. Every month I have had what has looked like a pos opk, followed by a temp shift. FS did an ultrasound then told me I hadn't ovulated at all. Apparently as you get older your body just holds onto the eggs and doesn't release them. Am gutted that we have probably pretty much wasted a year.

On a positive note though as a previous poster said it is very possible that just clomid will be enough to help you. What did your FS recommend?

thanks for the replies ladies.

to add insult to injury my body has decided to reward me with a triphasic chart, this really is the epitome of frustrating. :dohh:

Sorry your appointment didn't go as well as you'd hoped. I think it is good news that was no sign of your pcos and it should be easy to get your ovulation going again.

I am intrigued by the idea that a woman can have all the signs of ovulation, but not actually release an egg. I'm wondering if that is what is going on with me. I am very regular and have positive OPKs every month. However, on some months, I've noticed that my temps rise slowly, or my CM doesn't really correspond to the day I think I O'ed.

I've just started taking some supplements to help with egg quality, so I hope this will help. I'll probably be seeing a FS soon too later on this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->