Feeling down in the dumps

M3LL

Pregnant - 1st Trim
Reaction score
Hi Ladies

This is mine & OH first month of NTNP and using the withdrawal method, we intend to start fully TTC in June after a holiday.

I don't chart, but I do use a phone app but not entitrely certain how accurate it is.

Anyway - this month AF was two days late (which never happens) so like a wally I thought maybe just maybe we may have struck lucky without trying. I bought a cheapy hpt which wasn't very clear at first so got my hopes up even more & then it became a very clear BFN.

Right now I feel sooo disappointed. Why did I get my hopes up, when deep down I knew it wasn't really possible this month. :nope:
OH was lovely about it - knew I was sad and gave me a really big hug promising it would be soon. But now I'm thinking sod the holiday lets get on with it properly!

Just wanted to get it off my chest, to peeps that know how I feel.

Thanks

Hey :)

I could not help but notice that our situations are similar, we are also NTNP right now until we move in together this summer. And I also use a phone app, it's called ''Period tracker'' and the main reason I choose it it's because of it's cute interface and it's easy to use. Because no phone app is very accurate at telling you when you are fertile unless you input more information, it is a great way to easily check your cycles tho.

And I understand your disappointment, I feel the exact same when I think I could be pregnant and AF shows up, even if it's not likely, you still hope. It's perfectly normal when you want something that much to get your hopes up, it will happen some more, it's inevitable. *hug*
And I can understand how you want this right now to, it's the same for me but it's just not possible now. And June is not that far away. We can wait together :D

You know, I felt that way with the first 2 cycles. I come from an exceptionally fertile family so I thought... once you pull that goalie you best be ready.... and BFN

hang in there hun. we'll get there together.

I feel the same way.. Oh and I have been trying for about a year and the past few cycles we've been forced to ntnp because I only see him 2 days a week due to his job and I'm lucky if I get sex one day out of those because he is so tired. Last cycle I was late and thought that maybe we got lucky with timing.. Nope got af.. Now I'm temping just to see what my cycles are like and to try and keep myself sane if she is late.. This way I can tell when and if I ovd and when we are ready to fully ttc again I might have a handle on my cycles..

Thanks ever so much ladies.

You've made me feel a lot better. I wasn't expecting a response, I just wanted to get it off my chest. My husband had been lovely about it but I didn't want to keep going on about it to him - he's quite a laid back fella and I know his response would have been theres next always next month (which we all know, is not what you want to hear).

Good luck ladies - hope you get your BFP's very soon.xxx

My DH is the same way! I think AF has come on and he's all 'oh well, that's ok'.

I think that can be frustrating when you get your hopes up. I had hoped we'd get our BFP before I turned 30. It was my last big thing that I had as a 'check mark'. I get that life won't follow my check list but, you know, growing up you have ideas about when you'll hit certain milestones.
I got a little down when I realized then and DH wasn't the most sensitive to this.

I have been broody for about 4 years now so when I finally get to this stage and its not as easy as it was for EVERYONE in my family....*sigh*

I remind myself, our BFP will come when it's right, everyone is different and that my perception of time is way off ;)

HUGS to all of you.

My DH is the same way too...he is the most laid back person and he always says stuff will work out when its supposed to...it makes me so angry some times!!! Last cycle I was really upset when af showed her face as it was the last cycle we could actually try since I very rarely see him now.. Also it was my last chance of having a baby before I was 30...

Wow reading what you ladies are saying makes me wonder how my fiance will react when we start actually TTC and we talk about it more... he will probably be like yours, laid back and won't worry about it too much. O.O;

At least I will have here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->