• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Feeling down

Talia12

Reaction score
I had antenatal depression the first half of my pregnancy with my son and I'm thankful I'm a lot better than that this time round but today I've just felt really down. Everything just seems crap and pointless and I can't be bothered to do anything. It's only been one day but I'm scared I somehow won't shake this feeling :nope: Has anyone else had days of feeling really down for no real reason?

Hi Talia,

I think you should try not to worry yourself too much, one off day doesn't mean you have antenatal depression again :(

I think everyone has days where they feel like this I know I certainly do. It's a tough time for us mummies :)

Try not too worry too much, tomorrow is a new day.

Hey Talia, yeah it's normal to have days where you feel down for no reason...I've had a couple lately and I think today is kind of one of them...I'm chalking it up to my hormones making me feel a bit more vulnerable than usual. I guess just try not to be alarmed by it, but keep an eye on whether it goes on for more than a few days and then you can always have a chat with your doctor. Hope you feel better soon!

Sending hugs!

At the antenatal classes I went to with my first, the only useful thing I took out of it was something the facilitator said: "It's okay to have a bad day, but it's not okay to have a bad day every day".

So don't worry about feeling down for a day, everyone has that, but it's time to ask for help if you feel like that every day.

In the meantime, don't feel down about feeling down. Try to take some time out for you and try to do something you enjoy with your family, catch up with a friend or get out for a walk in the fresh air. Often it's the little things that can help us feel better. :)

Hope today you're feeling better about things!

Yup! Had about 3-5 days in a row last week like that. Couldn't explain it I just felt really low and anxious but it has passed. Don't read too much into it, it doesn't mean anything will continue. I just tried to get out and about and get some fresh air, see friends, try and distract yourself xx

Totally normal. I found days in this pregnancy when I've felt really upset for a few days in a row no reason then all of a sudden felt better and back to normal self. It's all these hormones we've all got to endure, as long as it's not every day thougtout your pregnancy. Hope you feel better soon, you've got this Mama:thumbup:

Thank you sooo much ladies <3 I feel much better about it knowing it's not just me, plus I feel better today, for me a big thing is getting out the house and not being stuck inside so I've already been out with DS this morning and feel brighter than yesterday. I'll try to just ride it out if it happens again and remember it's ok to have a bad day!
Thank you :hug:

Thank you sooo much ladies <3 I feel much better about it knowing it's not just me, plus I feel better today, for me a big thing is getting out the house and not being stuck inside so I've already been out with DS this morning and feel brighter than yesterday. I'll try to just ride it out if it happens again and remember it's ok to have a bad day!
Thank you :hug:

I totally get this , I was on a reasonably sized dose of sertraline before I got pregnant . I had it reduced to half in this pregnancy . I have days where I'm pretty tearful and very anxious . Getting out the house does help . Which Is hard as I want to hide under my duvet instead :haha::hugs:

having depression sucks could you have a chat with a health visitor or doctor :hugs:

I've had this recently too. Except it is an ongoing issue for me since before I was pregnant. I have bouts of just a few days of feeling incredibly depressed, angry etc. It happened a week or so ago and I honestly felt suicidal, it was that bad. I'm going to see my Dr about it soon, I'm so nervous for the appt :( but I know it's for the best, for me and my children. I honestly never want to feel like I did then ever again. If you feel you need extra support, or feel that you may do in the next few weeks/months then maybe just mention it to your midwife/OB and see what support they can offer you. Don't be afraid to reach out. They care and they want the vest for you and baby and what is best is for you to happy and safe in yourself. X

Mamamum, so sorry to hear you've felt this way. I really hope your doctor can help you out somehow and you're definitely doing the right thing by reaching out.

Personally I've felt a lot better just by making sure I'm occupied - I work from home which can get a bit quiet and oppressive so I've been out for at least an hour every day while DS is at school and so far I haven't felt down again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->