Feeling Extremely Sleepy

mrsj13

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm 25+1 today and lately I've been feeling extremely sleepy, only during daytime. It's like someone puts glue on my eyes from 10 am - 2 or 3 pm and then I'm suddenly wide awake, ready to roll. The problem is that I have a fulltime job and while everybody is very cooperative, I feel really embarrassed, having to literally sleep and snore (on and off) for about 3-5 hours everyday.

I asked by doctor and she said it's not unheard of, didn't seem too concerned about it. My iron levels are okay, so is my blood pressure, although I have the gestational diabetes test scheduled next weekend, so we'll see then.

Has this happened to anyone in second trimester? There is no loss of energy, just a terrible sleepiness for a few hours, which is very puzzling for me!

Love
J

Hey, I'm only 12 weeks at the moment, but my only symptom with my under active thyroid was extreme tiredness; have your thyroid levels been checked?

Hi, yes, they have been checked and slightly elevated. I'm on medication for that and I've already asked my doctor if they were the reason...she seemed to not think that.

About a week ago I was exhausted. And even now, I'm less tired during the day, but when 9-10pm rolls around I can't keep my eyes open. I googled it, and it seems really common in the 2nd tri.

I've just had the tiredness kick in again the last few days. I think it's because I'm not sleeping as well over night, partly because of pelvic pain and partly because I keep needing to wee. It's starting to feel like the first tri tiredness all over again!

Could be a hormone surge? In my previous pregnancy I had full on fatigue for two weeks during my second trimester for no obvious reason. My hemoglobin was great so my doctor chalked it up to being pregnant. I'm sure this will resolve sooner or later for you so, as hard as it is, try to float with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->