Feeling ill, what can I take to help?

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
I was thinking of having one paracetamol to help but I’m feeling terribly rotten!

Throat and sinuses feel crappy, feeling very achey all in my neck and some chills.

Generally pain and wanting to feel human.

Anything else you guys know of that’s pregnancy safe?

Might be worth a trip to your doctor hun with you having the chills and feeling rotten

I went to the pharmacist and grabbed paracetamol for now. I sometimes get a bit of a tonsil flare up if I’m fighting something off and it usually goes within a day but I don’t think this is going to go :( if I feel awful in the morning I might call the doctors xxx

Trying to drink plenty n luckily my partner has given himself a few hours off work so I tried to nap while him n my son played. Don’t feel much better but the bad aches aren’t as painful right now :(

Benadryl is safe for the sinuses and try hot lemon honey tea for your throat hope you feel better :hugs:

I've not felt too much movement today. It's been more gentle and I'm even unsure if some of it is like gas bubbles or something? I called triage and said to head up just to check heartbeat. Can't leave yet as my partners out and he's not answering yet. I've felt something, but he's been moving a lot more the last three weeks, especially more belly kicks. But no belly kicks today. Just random twitching directly on my bladder or cervix INCREDIBLY low down. Like I'm feeling the odd twitch in my bum type of low!

But it's so light in comparison, and not the type of movement I'm used to. I don't have a high high temp, only 38.2 degrees c, I think I'm being paranoid because I feel so rotten. But I thought he'd be quite a bit more active by now so thought it'd be worth calling.

Just drank half a bottle of ice cold water and hes not really done his little dance

My partners phone died so while I was waiting for him I fell asleep because I felt so rotten. But luckily I woke up to lots of kicking much higher up and I’ve had it through the night and still going on! He’s having a good kick right now actually, So that’s s relief!!

He must have gotten himself into a more hidden position for the majority of the day yesterday!

He hasn’t hidden away for a while so it just got a bit worrying while I’m also feeling run down.

Paracetamol is finally taking the edge off and I’m feeling far more human! I’ve been taking my temperature and it’s never gotten too high so as long as I don’t feel any worse from today then I think I’ll be okay.

The doctors never have any damn appointments

Doctor wouldn't be likely to prescribe much else anyway, hope you are feeling better soon! Xx

That's awesome news that he's moving around more again and fingers crossed you feel better soon

Still feeling really awkward. Body aches have mostly gone in comparison to what they were. But I’ve lost my voice since yesterday and my chest has been feeling pretty rough on the mornings and nights. I’m calling up for a Saturday appointment if they can manage to understand my strained whisper on the phone!

Baby has been moving, but I am now worried that the illness isn’t really calming down enough yet so want it to be over quickly now so baby is okay!

I’m so mad at myself. It’s worse now, likely a chest infection. Managed to get a doctors appointment. Was tempted to go urgent care last night but they’re useless and throw any prescription at you usually and I never feel better every time I’ve been. So waited for my GP to open. Feel awful that I’m hurting the baby, never felt so ill before

You absolutely won't be harming the baby in anyway way shape or form. They are well protected in there and will steal from you whatever they need, even if you feel you haven't got any goodness to give the little one right now. Hope you are feeling better soon x

I hope so! They seemed quite active yesterday and yesterday was the worst I ever felt so seems to be true! Feel a bit perkier today, definitely chest infection but I have anti biotics now. I've just been so worried for this pregnancy, more so than my last one, but I think it's just because I've felt so rough in comparison.

The doctor asked if my blood pressure was usually so low, I don't know if thats a bad thing while pregnant? He seemed to take my heart rate and blood pressure twice to double check everything and he wants a follow up in a week (I'm guessing to make sure my blood pressure is back to normal after the antibiotics course)

I always have low blood pressure in pregnancy, or when I'm unwell. It's not necessarily a bad thing, just means you may feel a bit dizzy or faint at times, when moving from sitting to standing etc. I was told upping your fluid intake can help, doesn't seem to have made a difference for me but you could try x

I know it's already uncomfortable while pregnant while sleeping but try and sleep as sat up as you can be it propped up on your side or sat it will help your chest it's the only way I can breath through the night and in the morning when i have a chest infection xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->