Feeling like a complete failure

Betrix

Mother of 2,Expecting 3rd
Reaction score
today my 4 year old start behavioral meds for ADHD/OD. :cry:
I just don't know what else to do.:shrug:
We have tried elimination diets, charts,super strict routines,relaxed routines, prizes,threats,begging,timeouts,spankings and everything else under the sun. while the GAPS diet seemed to work the best and actually helped a lot with her bowel issues no such luck with the adhd/od (hitting,scratching,screaming,shitting/pissing in the floor or in panties,chewing on her hair and never ever listening.):nope: She actually drew blood on her sisters back from scratching her in the car on the way to the DR to discuss the behavioral issues

I don't want to make her sound like a little monster she is so so smart she can write her name,count to 20,draw really well work the tv,WII and dvd better than her six year old sister,loves to cuddle, loves to swim, talks to everyone she meets and has never met a stranger she couldn't turn into a friend. I adore her and she is so excited about the baby coming and starting prek4 in the fall. But the baby is part of the reason I feel like I have to resort to the meds. What if she hits or scratches the baby the way she does her older sister? I just feel so incompetent right now.:cry::cry:

I have known for a while something is up and autism and ADHD as well as oppositional defiant have came up in her dr's appointments but she just shows some signs not enough for a dx but enough to make us worry.

Oh hun don't feel a failure:hugs:see it as the extra help she needs!
I wasn't able to get help for my son until he was 9 as they just wanted to label him as a naughty kid,so his education was started to be affected.
Your child will hopefully now have the support she needs through the whole of her educational journey and family life :flower:

Oh hun don't feel a failure:hugs:see it as the extra help she needs!
I wasn't able to get help for my son until he was 9 as they just wanted to label him as a naughty kid,so his education was started to be affected.
Your child will hopefully now have the support she needs through the whole of her educational journey and family life :flower:

I think my total resistance to meds actually made them take it more seriously:shrug:

:hugs:

I agree some people are too quick to take meds. But some kids do need it. My 7 year old also has ADHD and OD, along with a slow working memory (If you give him a list of verbal instructions, he can't remember them.) You are not a failure. A failure wouldn't have even gone far enough to get a proper diagnoses. A failure wouldn't do the things you've done to help your child succeed.

My son is also on medication, and it makes all the difference. I myself felt like a failure before it occurred to me that something more was wrong. I thought I was a bad mom to him in some way and that was why he acted the way he did. Once we sat down for counseling, I shed a lot of tears finding out that these things weren't my fault. The medication goes beyond anything you can do, and it helps take some of that stress off of your shoulders.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

She is doing so much better now it is like a different child. She has always been loving but now she listens and is not so fast to hit or scream. Her behavior has been so good. she seemed a little overtired at first but that seems to be going away now. It is so nice to see her calm and happy.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->