Feeling like a slacker mom :(

Diana5241

Reaction score
I'm feeling like a slacker mom to my 21 mo old. Between the exhaustion and nausea, I really nave no energy or desire to get off the couch. DH works 24-hr shifts so it's just me to entertain the bubbs. I'll get a short burst of energy to play with blocks or cars, and then I'm back on the couch with the tv turned to cartoons (which I hate doing)!

I know these early symptoms will end sooner or later, but in the mean time my LO sure is getting a raw deal. :-/

Anyone else feeling this way?

Yes I'm feeling the same way:( I have a 4yr old(only goes to preschool 1 day a week), and a 16 month old. I am currently laying the middle of the floor while my kids run circles around me...ugh! But this too shall pass...gone are the days when we can have morning sickness and sleep during the day without having to care for other kids. I feel so awful too but I try to have crafts on hand for my son, and we try to read books cuddled up on the couch. Most days the tv wins:(

I'm the same :(
I've been very sick and spending most days on the couch with colouring in and tv for the boys, they can go out side too but can only play where I can see then from the veranda.
Don't worry too much it's not forever :)

Yes! I remember feeling this way when i was pregnant with my daughter and my son was 15m and i tell my other preggo friends with small babies thats its ok to chill cos its not forever etc snd u need rest..but i feel the guilt so bad with my 2&4 yrar old, the 4 year old luckily goes to preschool 5 days a week but poor two yrar ood gets alot of mupy little pony!

I feel exactly the same! We have watched cartoons for the last hour. I did manage to get the playdoh out so I don't feel so bad!!

Thanks for making me not feel to bad ladies!

I have worked out that letting Isabella play doctors I can just lie there whilst she covers me in 'plasters' (stickers) and bandages! Which is a great excuse to just lie on the sofa! :)

my 20 month old daughter is still breastfeeding and has been super clingy since i became pregnant so she's cool with just snuggling on the couch after work watching mickey mouse. Like you all i'll get bursts of energy here and there and since i work and have a sitter come to the house i know she's doing a lot of other stuff all day long and she probably needs some down time at night, too.

We should start a Slacker Mom's Club. I feel the same. But at the same time, we need to take care of our bodies for our unborn's sake. I figure that these early days is really such a short time in our little one's lives that it won't do any real harm. I do my best to give snuggles and to do gentle play or to read to him that I don't think he feels neglected. He still wants his mommy and is laughing and following his routine. Usually when he's unhappy or unwell his routine is the first thing to go out the window.

So yeah, he's watching way more TV than he should and the laundry is piling up, but it's not forever. It took a couple of weeks but a lot of the mom guilt has gone. And as I slowly start to feel better I can do more to care for him (I still gag at diaper duty though, ha ha). I even do some light wrestling now and can turn off the cartoons for a few hours.

I always remind myself that my mom had to be on bed rest when I was a toddler and I was not tramautized. I don't even remember! So my son will be OK.

So refreshng to see this thread again! Is anyone else also very short with their kids? Seriously my 4yo drives me crazy and i simply dont have the patience especially when he is annoying the two yo who can cry for hooouuurs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->