feeling really guilty :( :(

theresarhuebb

x mother of 3 x
Reaction score
my daughter whos 4 woke up ywo nights ago with sore throat, gave her paracetamol she was fine, yesterday morning she woke up with high temp so we gave her same again then some ibuprofen few hours later, by evening her temp went down and she sat in bedroom watching films, bedtime cam put her to bed, this morning woke up bright she still had flushed cheeks but no temp so just gave her paracetamol. rang docs. made an appointment, but cancelled it a while later because i thought she was better and it was nothing to worry about, but just under an hour ago she started crying saying her throat was sore, to her to docs and she has a major mouth infection and its causing her airways to close. znd she has asthma too so its not helping that, i feel guilt because i should have kept the appoinment and i didnt and feel its my fault my daughters soo ill. now shes on steriods anitbiotics and whole other meds. i just want to help take it all away and i cant and yet because of me its soo bad :( love her to peices and i wouldnt do anything to harms my girls xx:sad2:

Awww hun, try not to stress as it's not your fault. All of us will go through something like this sooner or later and if you've made it through to 4 years old and this is the first time then you're a much better mummy than me!

It's not life threateningly serious and she's getting all the medical attention she needs now and that's the main thing. Try not to beat yourself up about it.

-x-

Don't feel guilty, im positive if you had known it was a mouth infection you would have taken her straight away. If she was acting like she was nearly better why wouldn't you cancel the appointment? We live and learn and like the PP said you have reached 4 years before feeling like this so your doing well :)
Your main concern is obviously your daughter so that proves in itself that you have done and will do the best by her x

thank you girls i just feel soo bad, but glad i took her tonight. she feels a little bit better since having some of the meds she was giving so happy theres no need for hospital. now just hope she gets better soon xxxx

Dont beat yourself up about it you did what you thought was right, you know what kids are like they are sooooo ill in a morning you let them stay off school take them to the doctors and there bouncing around the waiting room like theres nothing wrong with them, hope she feels better soon xx

thank you. shes soo much better now. no more bugs till she brings the next one home!
danimarie your totally right there! thats part of the reason i didnt take her to docs that morning. guess its all trial and error x

its not your fault your daughters ill hun,you just do what you can to make her comfortable and give her loads of love.she'll soon be right as rain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->